Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ReturnFire333, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Does anyone here use CBD as medication? Does CBD produce a lasting effect comparable to a high? I know it's non psychoactive. How does CBD work as medicine, like if I ate a CBD concentrate food, what would it do to me? I'm looking at the anti anxiety mental relief of CBD, but no one seems to discuss CBD, only smoking weed to get high.
       How does CBD affect you?

2. It helps me with my back pain and migraines a lot. There are a fee strains that contain little THC and a lot of CBD (Charlotte's Web), but they're hard to come across. Especially if you don't have your med card.

3. I'm pretty sure there's little recreational value at all. CBD helps balance out the anxiety and other craziness that THC may bring. And it's more beneficial for pain relief

4. #4 soufsidetrappa, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
    CBD concentrate would probably be like taking Advil .. Not the effect, but it shouldn't make you drowsy or high.. Unless it has THC ofcourse

5. I'll look for this informative vid on CBD. It's very helpful in understanding it. I'll edit my post with the link when I find it.

6. #6 KillerKush87, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
    do a great job explaining what CBD is and how it works in the body. Works tremendously for my back pain. I tried taking a little higher amount of THC than normal and then took CBD afterwards to see what happened. It makes the high slowly fade into a very comfortable and relieving body high. Since I've had my back problem, hands down the best time I've had with the lowest level of pain was when taking THC and CBD together. They work synergistically and together will fight a wide range of health problems. This includes the most intense pain reliever I've ever tried. opiates I've been prescribed for my pain can't come close to touching how effective THC and CBD are. To answer your question: I've never taken a large concentrated dose of CBD alone. I've taken it alone but not super concentrated. I used to buy the stronger dew drops by Dixie botanicals. I sometimes would take triple doses, but even then I wouldn't consider that a concentrate. It's made out of hemp and doesn't have a high CBD level to begin with. With that dose though, you wouldn't even feel a slight psychological difference. Would help pain and stuff like that but no noticeable effects. But that is not what CBD is for or what it does. So I don't think other than a slight body buzz, you would feel anything at almost any dose of CBD alone.This will help make you understand how strong THC and CBD work together. I've had high blood pressure for years. Sometimes 170/90. Almost never below 150/85. It's not a horrible level but nothing will drop it. Within literally 3 days of taking a high THC and CBD dose 3x daily, my blood pressure completely regulated itself. Dropped to a perfect 120/80. Would range from 118/78 to 122/82, but always stay within that area. It is unreal how perfect you feel when taking them both. After running out if CBD and taking THC alone, my blood pressure goes right back where it was, and overall I don't feel as good. IMO, they are both absolutely required for the most effective health benefits. Hope this helps!

7.    Thanks very much to all the replies so far... the comparison to tylenol is a very good comparison to help me understand the effects of CBD, and the video is very informative. However, unlock Tylenol, CBD is also showing to have some anti psychotic properties as well I read? I'm thinking that maybe CBD would help with unwanted thoughts, repetitive thoughts, anxiety, and other issues like that, all in a tylenol like feeling of medication?

I'm also thinking it would be good to mix in an extremely low dose of THC to get a very slight psychotic effect to help manage thoughts and anxiety, which the negative effects of THC would hopefully be counteracted by the CBD content.

8. i remember seeing an article where they had found a way of making hash oil that was a very high percentage of CBD, i believe around 50-60%* and maybe 20is % THC. 

9. I was at the Emerald Cup this weekend and had to chance to buy a couple "Rich CBD" capsules.

The dude running the booth explained how it's great for intense pain, sleep, psychosis, and slight anxiety problems.
    He grabbed my attention really fast by saying how it properties are very similar to a feeling of low dose opiates and benzodiazepines combined: but you have the feeling of a natural healing, rather than synthetic.

I took the two capsules last night, and noticed my pain was gone from all the heavy lifting from this weekend, I feel asleep without the aid of my other natural herbs, and the anti-psychotic properties were great.

The high was very comparable to the explanation of the man at the booth, I really enjoyed it.
    Calming, tranquil, and relaxing for sure.  :smoke:  (I'd say it's effects are great for pain, in fact I know already that CBD's going to be a breakthrough in medicine)

*My explanation may grab some attention from the forum police, but my hope was to explain it as best as possible. :hello:

10. Taking CBD out of weed as medicine as a scientific practice is like eating a big Mac just for the poppy seeds on the bun. You can't isolate the effect of poppyseed without the big Mac tasting the way it does. Probably the same effect fat people believe when they listen to their doctors tell them they are perfectly fine and healthy.

Weed is holistic medicine that medication could never replicate in 400,000 years.

11. Well..It helps me for anxiety and depression, so you can try it also for medication I think..

12. I vape CBD hemp every day and I think it's awesome. It's like the marijuana "high" is actually a combination of two different feelings, and with CBD you only have one of them. So you feel really toasted but at the same time you're 100% clear-headed. I've literally vaped just before talking to my boss and participating meetings - something that would be difficult with natural marijuana.

I think CBD hemp would be a great substitute for tobacco, while natural marijuana is an excellent alternative for alcohol.