Cbd stains

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by smalltimegrow, Dec 17, 2011.

1. I am have had harlequin for a while now and thought about breeding for seeds. Brings me to 3 questions.

From what I read you can't do this, wanting to confirm or know the results of what would happen? Take a clone, do the CS method(to make my male) use that pollen to pollenate another female clone. Both harlequin, same strain. Possible?

My second question is I found another high CBD strain (again clone only using CS method for the male) and cross that with my harlequin strain would that work since it's a different strain?

Last one, I read that when breeding high CBD strains, the CBD trait can be different in each one, I don't have the room to select and all that. So if I cross a high CBD strain with itself (question one) would it keep the high CBD, if that method is possible. And if I did the question two method would that result in a high CBD in all seeds?

I really like the effects of high CBD medicine and would like to have seeds if possible for the future. If anyone has input please add in.

2. What is the CS method? Are you talking about forcing a female to hermaphrodite and produce male buds?

3. colloidal silver

4. So then you are doing just as I thought, forcing a female to produce male buds.

Personally, I wouldn't go that route. You will create an unstable strain that will create more hermies down the line.

What you can do is take any male plant and fertilize the female of choice, producing seed. Grow the seed, find another male and backcross it with the original mother. Do this three times to stabilize it.

You will have less hermies and a more stable strain than if you feminized the seeds. I know this comment will heat a few people but feminized seeds are not good for the gene pool.

5. My goal is to keep the high CBD in there, and the CBD strains available to me are clone only unfortunately. I have no high CBD males to cross with. Do you know roughly what the % of hermies would be?

6. If you had a male, you could pull the CBD Genotype out of that female, by producing seed and inbreeding her few times. You wouldn't need to feminize to do this. It's more work, but pays off in the future.

It's not always easy to get them to herm, especially if you're working with a stable strain right now.

7. [quote name='"Phenotype"'] You wouldn't need to feminize to do this. It's more work, but pays off in the future.
    [/quote]

I understand vaguely about the quality of feminized seeds, I'm asking more if the first question would even work and produce seeds that will grow healthy plants (like 75/25 success of females without hermie)

I'm looking just for personal seeds and really don't have a time line to breed back a few times. I just want something that works out a decent amount of the time. Thank you for you input! And it's impossible to get it to herm lol