Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD CBD Oil Using Full/Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract - Bulk

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by PsychedelicSam, Nov 29, 2018.

1. I haven't forgotten about this. I have already completed two steps and have some video but that still needs to be edited. I'm waiting now for lab results before I bottle and label it. I hope maybe to have that first step of the main project ready for posting soon. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sam, GC is so lucky to have you!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. No, I think I'm lucky to have GC. It's kept me from going nuts. But thank you, anyway. cligner.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I'm using the THC/CBD blend. I still use it and intend to do so from now on. My friend in Cali is a legal grower & he has presses for concentrates that he & his friend all use. It's a fairly large operation & I know he is taking a risk by supplying me but, he's just that kind of a brother. I don't know the exact dosage that I was using when I started, I was just consuming a drop on my finger 3x a day; as well as my usual vaping. The 1st batch he sent me was bottle w/150cc of oil & an eye dropper. My 1st experience was quite a surprise as to how powerful it was. I was totally wasted & I remember thinking: "Well, if it doesn't do anything for my cancer, it will sure go a long way towards making me happy until the end."

My friend told me to take as much as I can tolerate for the 1st month & then cut that in half for the duration of time until my next cysto exam. The months became years & all of my exams showed I was cancer free. I know there is a valid argument for claiming that the chemo worked & my CBD use just came in at the finish line but, the chemo failed 2x & I didn't test cancer free until after 5 months of heavy CBD use...as well as my regular cannabis consumption. I do not know anything except the results: Cancer gone, Seizures stopped.

I'm operating under my old philosophy of, "If it is not broken...Do not fix it."

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I'd say that the results are the only thing that matters. It doesn't matter if it was the chemo or the CBD or the combination that worked as long as it worked.

It sounds like you've got a winner for a brother. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah, he's the best. There are many veterans that have gone into the legal cannabis market. He knows me & we each know there is nothing on this side of hell that will stop us from doing for one another.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ...I ran across someone saying that CBD flower can be hard to come by..... And a solution would be to use a high THC strain and Do NOT decarb it...and it will behave like CBD .....Just wondering what you think of this???

8. Now that federal hemp has been legalized high CBD hemp flower will be easier to come by. However, not decarbing a high THC strain is just going to give you an inactive THCA product and it's nothing like CBD except you don't catch a buzz. Using high THC strains won't even give you more than a pittance of CBDA which is the ONLY cannabinoid that behaves similarly to it's active counterpart, CBD.

A THCA inactive product is used in cases where psychoactivity is counterproductive but it has much different benefits and properties than CBD. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've just gotten back my lab test so now I can go ahead and bottle/label my oil...finally. I'll try to get it all entered soon. fouhelico (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 3
  10. What a great thread! Thanks Sam, I have been needing to figure all of this out. I’m tired of trying to keep some CBD mothers and go through the rigors of getting the end product out to the handful of clients asking for it.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I figured that there might be others interested so I thought my little project could be a starting place for someone else. :mellow:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Broad Spectrum CBD Oil from Distillate - Bulk Processing - Step 1

This is the first step in processing the Broad Spectrum CBD oil from the distillate. It's the initial dilution like the sample I used earlier but in bulk that I call "10x". This will then be used for the final dilution to the target dosage and hopefully I'll end up close. I'm aiming for a margin of error of ±5mg since I don't have accurate measuring for large volumes and a few ml can swing it either way.

I'm editing steps 2 & 3 and hope to get them ready soon. Here's proof I'm not kidding. vil-surveille.gif

Day step 3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Broad Spectrum CBD Oil from Distillate - Bulk Processing - Step 2

In this step I dilute the 10x from the previous post into the target range of 60mg/ml ± 5 from the 10x 79.6mg/ml. I'm using 500ml and will be diluting it to 666ml including fresh mct and terpenes and liquid lecithin. This is for the daytime blend.

I'm allowing a bit for margin of error because this was thrust upon me and I don't have the accurate measuring devices that would ensure complete accuracy. I've read many articles that have compared products and the actual values are lower than stated on the bottle. In this case I hit it pretty close. The lab results were 57.4mg/ml of CBD but total cannabinoids were 60.3mg/ml so I feel pretty good about it.

There's another short step after this one that I'm currently editing. This is only half the batch but the evening blend will be the same except for different terpenes so I doubt if I make a video for that one. I should be receiving my order for more terpenes tomorrow then I can finally finish it up. mange10.gif

Here's the labs for this batch.

Broad Spec day.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Broad Spectrum CBD Oil from Distillate - Bulk Processing - Step 3

Well, I've finally finished my project and it seemed like it took forever because I had to wait on a lot of things since I wasn't really prepared for it. I created this thread and made these videos more for my own documentation than any thought that others will be doing this. I can now reference it for future projects. This is the first time I've done this and don't know if I will again but it's there if I do.

Because it was the first time, I made some mistakes but fortunately nothing affecting the quality of the oil. Mostly it was the lack of accurate measurement that caused them. My beakers are "approximate" and that 500ml reads about 30ml more than the actual volume which in turn caused my potency to be slightly off from the calculations, not enough to make a difference but enough to prick my pride. It's a good teaching tool and shows the importance of having the right equipment, though.

In the coming days I'm going to outline my errors and "should have dones", woulda, shoulda, coulda. Overall, though, I'm considering this project a success.

This is the birth of "Serenity's Focus". jammingout (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

Day step 3.jpg Evening step 3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm beginning another CBD oil project and this acts as my journal for future reference so that I can avoid previous issues for a smoother process.

This time I have a whole hemp extract instead of broad spectrum distillate. Its a full extract which makes it the hemp version of rso and that means that the cannabinoid content is lower than the distillate due to the other plant compounds taking up space. The distillate was 80+% and this is just 62%, very similar to cannabis full extract rso that runs about 60-65% and 2% THC.

I'll be using 200g of extract and making 2 liters, 2000ml, of hemp oil with 60mg/ml of CBD and at total 75mg/ml of extract. Again I'll be making a day and night formulation by the addition of terpenes. MCT oil will remain as our carrier oil.

This won't be drawn out over weeks because I have everything I need now and don't have to wait for anything but lab tests. I actually hope to have the first 50g finished tonight but I'll have to get that tested before I finish the rest to double check my measures. I don't want to do it all and have it be wrong.

And, finally, there will be a new twist this time. I have some CBN distillate that's 65% CBN that I'm going to try to incorporate into a sleep time product. We'll see if the common thoughts on CBN are real or myth.

Stay tuned. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Full Spectrum CBD Oil from Whole Hemp Extract w/Terpenes
    Bulk Processing

20190928_210832.jpg

whole hemp.jpg

This is the third time within the last year that I've processed hemp CBD concentrate into a CBD oil and each has been different. The first was a full spectrum but not full extract. It had been cleaned and processed to remove waxes and other plant compounds and was about 80% CBD. The last time, as I documented here, was broad spectrum CBD distillate of around 80% also. The full spectrum included some THC while the broad spectrum had none although it did have some other cannabinoids.

This is much different. This is "crude oil", the RSO of the hemp market that contains all the plant compounds and because of that it's only a little over 60%, also like real RSO. Instead of FECO (full extract cannabis oil) it's FEHO (full extract hemp oil). It is black and thick and tastes just as bad as RSO. You can turn the jar upside down without consequence like a DQ Blizzard.

I'm not making any videos this time since the actual processing is the same and because I just don't have the set up for it but I have some pictures. This is actually the first part. I used 50g of the 200 I have and diluted it with enough mct oil to hopefully give me 60mg/ml and added the selected terpenes as well as lecithin. I'm having this tested to ensure that my dilution was correct. I was a couple of mg off in the last batch. Then I can be sure it's all good as I finish the other 1500ml.

I've waited too late this evening to finish this phase but I wanted to get something introductory posted. Due to recent physical issues I have to limit my time sitting at the keyboard and that's why my posts have become shorter or even nonexistent. Bear with me. surmene (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Nice thread psam.

So I do not have access to any type of concentrate.

If I was to get hold of some high CBD flower like this for example CBD Charlotte's Angel ® - Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Dutch Passion
    and make GD tincture will I still be getting the benifits? Would a better way to make it be with kief so that the dose is stronger?

How would you go about making a CBD product if you only had access to flower?
    Of acourse a natural decarb would give you a full spectrum to right as the terpenes are not vapourized in the oven with heat.

• Like Like x 1
  18. It'd be pretty easy, really. This is for bulk but small batch is no problem. It's just CBD RSO and it's made the same way except you're not using a whole field for extraction. It's the old fashion RSO and is called FECO these days, meaning Full Extract Cannabis Oil (hemp is cannabis, too). It has all the plant compounds and not just the cannabinoids.

These days you can get hemp flower that's as high as THC cannabis, above 15%, and you can get your CBD rso pretty strong. 60-65%, which is comparable to the other stuff. You'd follow the same process. Don't make the RSO with kief because you won't get as much. Use kief for tincture. It would still make a strong rso but you wouldn't get the yield since you eliminated all the plant material.

A natural decarb would be a waste of time due to the heat needed to reduce it to the oil stage. You can add terpenes to your finished product. Or you could use a natural evaporation in addition to the natural decarb if you've got the time. :)

19. I am not sure of what the myths regarding CBN are but, I have read that it is supposed to be a natural antibiotic. I have experienced a strange after effect with bud and oil extracts with higher levels of CBN, and I did not care for it. It seems to give a "weed hangover" of sorts. However, this does not imply that there are no medicinal benefits or qualities.

20. I love naturally decarbed concentrates, they are unlike any other. When there is no heat being used, and you are able to preserve the terpenes, it is a different product that I do not believe can be duplicated. In my experience, the medicinal applications were off the charts compared to any other concentrate that I have used or heard of. As for the effects (buzz factor), are 2 to 3 times longer lasting than the heat decarbed concentrates I have used. This is based upon the strains I grow and personal experiences of my own and my patients.

One of these days I'll get off my butt and attempt a high CBD strain extraction, naturally decarbed.
    I hope you beat me to it and provide the results!

• Like Like x 1