Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Oil Cbd oil for anxiety

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by Nytroman, Oct 22, 2018.

1. I take CBD oil for anxiety & chronic pain either through a vaporizer or tincture and it helps me a lot

For people talking about dosage it really varies by person for my recommended dose in the tincture it’s one dropper which is about 25 mg CBD . Sublingually taken I feel more calm in about half an hour and it lasts longer then when vaped.

I get my CBD at a dispensary because I prefer full spectrum oil made from low THC cannabis I found it has been more effective for me then random hemp oils.

The OG Treelover bitch

2. I found this video about CBD helping to manage anxiety.

3. I make my own CBD tincture with cbd isolate and mct oil to a strength of 5 mg per drop 1500 mg per 15 ml bottle.
    Most of the commercially available products are kinda light on the CBD.

4. I think that is true. I think that there are companies that are diluting their medicine which causes the quality to go down and the potency of the medicine is subpar. I know the topic was CBD helping with anxiety. However, don't you think that THC is more beneficial in micro doses to reduce anxiety?

5. I absolutely agree , for daytime use I blend MCT oil with good quality strain specific THC RSO to make tinctures and adjust the ratio to CBD for my current requirements. For evening use I prefer to vape some good flower.

6. Right on man that is totally how I see cannabis being used to be effective!

7. The most studied cannabinoid in cannabis: the CBD has aroused great interest among scientists. The medical profession and patients with anxiety in recent years. Why? Clinical studies have confirmed that CBD has a strong anxiolytic effect. The sporadic use of CBD oil has been shown to be a safe and secure way for the body to relieve various states of anxiety. such that

• panic attacks
    • obsessive-compulsive disorder
    • Social phobia
    • posttraumatic stress disorder
    • General feelings of anxiety
    • mild to moderate depression

8. Quote from Can CBD Negate your THC High? | Cannabis Sciences

"It is to assume that CBD is capable of blocking the effects of THC, but in reality, the results are inconsistent. In some cases, CBD reduced the effects of THC, and in other cases, it exacerbated the effects of THC. The reason for this is because of multiple mechanisms in which CBD interacts with THC.
    The first is by a pharmacokinetic mechanism by which a molecule modulates the effects of another molecule. CBD produces this effect by boosting blood levels of THC by inhibiting the CYP2C9 enzyme. This is the enzyme responsible for metabolizing THC. It has also been seen that by administering CBD before THC, increased levels of THC were measured in the blood and brain of rats and mice.

The second mechanism is by direct pharmacodynamics, which is when a molecule modulates the effects of another molecule by binding to the same receptor. This is accomplished by CBD acting as a negative allosteric modulator and reducing the activation of the CB1 receptor.

The third mechanism is when a molecule modulates the effect of another molecule by binding to a different receptor. An example of this would be the sedation effect felt when myrcene, a terpene found in cannabis, acts at GABA-A receptors. Another example would be the reduction of anxiety by CBD acting at the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor. A study published in 2016 by the company Ebbu reported they found eight different terpenes and three different cannabinoids that increase the potency of THC at the CB1 receptor.

So, does CBD negate the psychoactive effects of THC? Well, yes but animal studies show that seeing an effect depends on the size of the CBD dose, the cannabinoid ratio, and the time each was taken."

I feel it's really dangerous tomgo around saying things like you ABSOLUTELY know for sure what you're talking about. No negative vibes dude...just be more careful about speaking like that. People can totally believe you when in reality it's just your opinion.

9. I appreciate your insight as we all learn new things everyday. My comment is more towards being cautious using CBD when currently taking other medications. Because of the fact that they have scientific data showing how the liver enzymes get affected when taking CBD, that means it could react with whatever other medications one could be taking either it be lowering the effects or increasing the effects of the medication. As far as CBD and THC goes, there are many different results along with how much CBD was given in those tests that changes the result of those tests. None of this is my opinion as I only state info that I have read or seen studies on. But as a user on a site such as this, it is our job to look at multiple answers and compare them to help us get a better understanding for what others think, read, or have experienced. Thanks for the info you have found pertaining CBD and THC along with terpenes interactions with the CB receptors.

10. According to a survey, “In U.S. more than 70 percent of the population is struggling with anxiety and this number is growing at an alarming rate.” Cannabis oil is prescribed for a multitude of medical conditions, but it shows a profound potential to treat anxiety.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Can you elabotate on thr THC withdrawl story?
    Im not trying to dog you or ask about something too personal. But im curious how it got to that point/what it felt like/why you stopped etc.

12. I became disabled about 8 years ago. I lost my career and have invested the past 6 years of my life in criminal justice education. I have my AS in administration of justice, I will receive my BS in criminal justice in 2 months and plan on getting my masters in social work. I suffer with chronic pain but I get by. Well certain “friends” of mine have been literally attacking me about my refusal to use CBD oil. I have explained numerous times that I don’t know how it would affect my job prospects in the public safety sector. I do not debate on things that I am not 100% educated on. So so I ask you, how do you think your department would view use of CBD oil by its employees? Also would this come up in the hiring phase (I.e. lie detectors etc) supposedly it does not show up on drug tests. Eithed way, I will not use it. I have my beliefs and only do what I feel is right. Thanks