Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Oil CBD Oil for anxiety, need advice

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Conjeff, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Whats up everyone,

My girl had a real bad accident last year and suffered serious injuries, none lasting thankfully apart from some occasional back pain. She suffers from pdst and bad anxiety which is really effecting her sleep. She dosent smoke weed and wont smoke it either, as she dosent like being "high".

Im going to buy her some CBD oil but Im not quite sure whats the best one to get. I was looking at charlottes web CBD oil, does anyone have any experience using it?

I noticed theres 3 different strengths that they have 7mg/ml, 23mg/ml and 50 mg/ml. What strenght should I get for her? She has no tolerance for weed or ever tried CBD, so Im thinking the 7mg would be enough. But I dont have any experience in CBD oils or ever bought them. Prices for each are 32, 60 and 120 £. The 7 and 23 mg bottles contain 30 servings and the 50mg contains 60 servings.

Any advice would be really appreciated thanks :)

2. I have ordered several bottles of their "5000 Everyday Advanced" CBD oil, and it seems to work well.
    You might try to sneak a little thc into your girl's cbd. 1 part thc in 19 parts cbd is claimed to make the cbd work better, and won't produce any noticeable high.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I had a bunch of harlequin live resin once.. tasted like pure mint it was divine. 2 weeks after I ran out I still felt the anxiety relief effects. very minor buzz off of it. Mostly pain relief and anxiety relief.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah I could make some thc oil and add some in, dont think she'd mine a drop with the CBD to be honest. The advanced oil does seem the best value but it is pricey. Im leaning towards the everyday plus at the moment, (Mid strength one). Have you ever tried that one or just the advance one? Or do you think I should just go for the everyday advanced as its the strongest?

5. Unfortunately I dont live in a legal state or have access to anything like that, so my choices for the moment are cbd oil only. I googled it and that stuff looks lovely, hopefully soon I'll have access to that sort of stuff. Thanks though man

6. CW SiMPLY Hemp + Extra Capsules

Just found these here, they contain 35 mg per capsule. Thats more than the two weaker oils, but less then the everyday advanced. It works out at 100£ for 60 servings. What you think?

7. I don't think it matters.
    One is just more concentrated than the other.
    I got what I did because the cost per mg cbd was least.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah I dont think it matters either tbh, I think your one is best value for money. Thanks Bkarnaze appreciate it man

9. Charlotte's web aka cw oil is available legally as it's derived from hemp oil from what I know. I have tried the 50mg and it was only so so at best for my severe gad (general anxiety disorder). Flower cannabis worked way better for me anyways (specifically sativa dominant sourd). The cw took only a slight edge off but in no way was able to combat my severe anxiety disorder symptoms so I am curious to see how your girl would react as this was only MY experience.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes, MJ derived cbd is much better, but illegal in most states.
    Adding a bit of MJ to hemp cbd should make it work better.
    I'm trying cbd plus raw cannabis tincture for my wife.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I could try grow a high cbd strain for her, and make my own oil. But I dont know if she would try it as she isnt a huge fan of smoking/consuming mj

12. If you have access to herb and 190 proof everclear, you could make a tiny amount of tincture, and put a little inside a capsule with the cbd oil.
    1 gram decarbed herb in 5 mL (1 tsp) everclear would produce a tincture having about 1 mg thc per drop
    [THC = (0.15)*(1000 mg)/(5 mL)/(30 drops/mL) = 1 mg/drop]

If you let it settle, you don't even need to strain it, but you would need a dropper and empty capsules.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Im gonna speak to her tomorrow when Im back from work see what she thinks man. Shit I might even make some tincture myself, have decent bit of bud there just need the 190 proof, which shouldnt be to hard to get my hands on. I can get 300 empty capsules for less that 4$.

Thanks for the help bro really appreciate it!

14. A lower proof might work, but I've never tried it.
    If you do make tincture, be sure to decarb first, and 240 F for 40 min works well.
    Undecarbed thc-a has different properties, and might also be beneficial.
    I give my wife thc-a plus cbd oil during the day, and a strong indica at night to help fight off any relapses, but I don't have any proof that that's better than just using decarbed thc.
    I'd grind to powder, but just using whole buds should work fine. Everclear is a great solvent for thc.
    With as little as she'll be needing taste isn't an issue, nor is straining.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ive just been watching videos on youtube, I cant believe how easy it is to make. I know exactly what Ill be doing with all the trim and any fluff bud from my next grow. Im going to make a small bit now with some of my bud when I get a chance, but found a great use for my trim.

According to what a few people are saying, the higher proof the quicker it is to make it and you get more of the good stuff from your bud/trim. How long do you leave the bud in the 190 proof for? Some people saying 5 days others 5 minutes? Do you put it in the freezer? I even saw a video with a guy use glycerol I think, and he leaves his for 2 months!

Some people suggesting to boil of the alcohol and to add some liquid coconut oil to improve the taste.

• Like Like x 1
  16. If stomach upset and taste aren't issues, then long soaks of hours to weeks at room temp are to be preferred.
    They contain everything that cold, quick washes do, plus potential unknown medicines.
    I sometimes do long soaks of 2 weeks, but lately I've been using a stirrer hot plate for 2 days straight to make things go faster.

The simplest thing to do is just leave the herb in forever, but most people strain.
    My preferred method is to strain, boil off all the alcohol, and replace it with any oil.
    Tinctures are very versatile, and can be used in caps, sublingually, drinks, and edibles.
    Alcohol will eat up any capsules it's put in, so if using an alcohol tincture in a capsule, ingest immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I cant get any everclear where I am by the looks of it man. Sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to tinctures but would this work ok

18. Yes, that's the same thing as everclear.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sorry I've never even heard of ever clear til now haha. Cheers man really appreciate the help thanks very much

20. California stopped selling even 151 proof Everclear around Christmas so I ordered a gallon of that exact product and I'm very pleased with it.
    Was a little more expensive but being 190 proof It's the better one for extracting anyhow.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    My sub thread covers tinctures and oils and you can make both easy enough from street weed if you can find some.
    In many cases pure CBD doesn't get the job done half as well as having some THC in the blend. It's part of the full entourage effects that we are still learning our way around but it's an acknowledged fact among many uses of Oil for medical reasons.
    Don't need a lot and it's not enough to really say Yes I'm stoned. More along the lines of ?? Am I a tiny bit buzzed.
    Personal testing remains the best way. Make a few different batches with various amounts of THC base and see what works best for her.
    I gift RSO (rick simpson oil) to several people and all have a slightly different recipe that we've learned works best for their specific ailment.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1