Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD CBD advantages over THC

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by WeedCat, Aug 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Okay, talk to me about CBD.

At this stage in my knowledge about using herb to heal myself, just about all of the time I would reach for my cannabis (full spectrum sun grown from my backyard.)

I've used cannabis from everything to healing up my basal cell skin cancer, shifting from a bad mood in to a great mood, keeping a small tumor from going cancerous, dealing with horrible period pains to treating blunt force trauma when an ice chipper came down hard on my toes.

In which case would I reach for my CBD over my THC cannabis? Thanks friends.

2. CBD is one of the non-psychoactive compounds found in cannabis. It's everything that THC is, simply without the high. So I reach for my CBD say, in the mornings for a boost of energy before heading into work. Or, on the way to work when I've had entirely too much THC - whooops - and need to come down a little bit.

CBD can interfere with the binding of THC to your receptors and help take the edge off a bad high, if you ever find that you've partaken too much, are feeling super paranoid, need to sober up, etc. Another cool thing is that CBD works best with THC due to something called the 'entourage effect' and there's literally a million and one ways you can customize your THC:CBD ratio.

Ooh, and I like to stretch out my marijuana with hemp-derived CBD flower. Super handy in dry seasons.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anatomical diversity can be responsible for varied effects from CBD. There’s a wealth of information, and, unfortunately, misinformation, available on the net. I’d suggest you define your goals, give it a try and determine if it has sated your expectations. I’d definitely recommend a full spectrum product.

CBD is touted to cure everything from hangnails to cancer. I approach these claims with open minded pessimism, if that makes sense. The most commonly experienced effect among humankind is probably it’s “calming” properties. Personally, I’ve found it arguably the best remedy for anxiety without evoking that “heady” feeling. Unfortunately, it does little for depression and I seldom use it alone.

When it comes to pain relief, results are all over the board. Some find a positive experience while others attest it’s totally ineffective. This inconsistency is probably due to one of several reasons. The source of the pain is maybe the greatest dividing point. I don’t think it can be considered a braod spectrum pain relief entity. Another point of diversity of result is how your body reacts to the substance. This is something you won’t know without trying it. Another sinister fact that can cause inconsistencies is the fact that, unfortunately, there are still unscrupulous individuals marketing inferior products, some with no CBD content at all!

Now, for a personal opinionated sidebar that runs contrary to a commonly accepted viewpoint. I contend that effects reaped from CBD usage is definitely psychotropic by definition. I think the terminology associated with the “high” we experience with THC is improperly used to encompass any level of psycoactivity. By definition;

Psychoactive, also called psychotropic, is a term that is applied to chemical substances that change a person's mental state by affecting the way the brain and nervous system work. ... The changes in brain function experienced by people who use psychoactive substances affect their perceptions, moods, and/or consciousness.

So, by definition, if one finds relief from anxiety, is that not a psychoactive result? If CBD is calming, should that not be viewed as psychoactive? If for some it induces sleep, is this not an alteration of consciousness and therefore psychoactive?

For me, the stance that CBD is non psychoactive is a misnomer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. yes, CBD is psychoactive = capable of passing blood brain barrier... CBD passes that barrier quite successfully...
    CBD however is an antagonist agent not really directly binding to cannabinoid receptors like THC will so there is that... CBD sits outside the receptors augmenting the intraceullr enzymes that are biodegrading mechanisms of the cell to degrade lipids into signalling events ( homeostasis)

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Correct! Sorry, let me clarify: unlike THC, CBD is non-intoxicating. It's not going to produce any kind of euphoria or impairment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Interesting!! It never ceases to amaze me as to how products effect individuals so drastically differently. Leaves me to ponder if it’s inconsistencies of product, anatomical diversity or, probably less often, simply difference in perception.

Not familiar with that particular product but the terpene profile it touts is grand.

7. #8 WeedCat, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Thanks for the responses friends, I am always trying to learn here. I took a CBD full spectrum tincture for a week and I didn't feel any different but the one thing I did was to do a task that I've been putting off for week. It felt easy that week for some reason. Was it the CBD? Not sure.

So, from what I can gather here is CBD elevates mood, calms down THC intensity, works on pain for some.

I also understand it also works on women who treating hormone driven breast cancers and it has been a Godsend with Dravet syndrome. I have heard you have to use an incredible amount of CBD compared to THC to get these health effects.

If there is anything else folks get from CBD, I would sure like to know and thanks for your thoughtful responses.

• Like Like x 1
  8. added plasticity is the most noticeable result with the CBD... it could take a month or more of continual use to notice anything as CBD dose not really build up a tolerance.
    I met an older guy who used 1.5 G a day... he wasd grabbing stuff showing how strong he was... really adds that plastic movement to our cells

• Like Like x 1