Caution: Marijuana may not be lesser evil

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by chevyguy2034, Feb 6, 2007.

1. there's nothing wrong with marijuana. its the unresponsibile idiotic people that dont know how to control themselves. they wanna do all these drugs and come on for their sob story. tell it to someone else i say, NO ONE forced HEROIN or COCAINE into you.

2. Hahaha, the little poll on that site is priceless. Out of over 10 000 people 9% have never tried it; 4% each have either felt addicted to pot or have used it then used harder drugs; a whopping 83% say they have smoked and never felt addicted.

:D

3. I hate fucking shit like this. It pisses me off SO much. Especially people criticizing weed when they don't know the facts.

4. lol, shut up you ignorant prick... just because you smoke it and enjoy it doesnt mean you can say "there's nothing wrong with marijuana", if you have half a brain youll know it can do alot to your body and mind, EX stunt growth and destroy brain cells to say THE LEAST

unresponsibile isnt even a word by the way

5. I disagree, you've obviously succombed to propaganda, just where did you get your info on these bad affects of mj anyways?

see this is the way adults disagree with each other, note, I did not feel the need to slander or degrade you in any way. peace

6. I saw this in the newspaper the other day.

I always get a kick reading propaganda.

Such bullshit.

7. They're facts discovered by scientists and what not doing experiments on the brain and bodys change while high. You really think marijuana does nothing to us? wow, now THAT is ignorant, other guy i stand corrected.

8. I am very interested in reading the reports on the experiments that you are talking about, could you give some links.

I know mj does plenty to us, it's all good. I don't accept the things that have been told to me all my life about mj, repeated by people whose only source of this knowledge is that it was told to them by someone else. show me the facts, and I will agree with you that I've been an idiot, peace bro.

9. Hey smokingjoe68 . . . hello? It's called sarcasm :)

Anyway, that article was biased but not the worst thing out there. They weren't saying pot kills brain cells or any shit like that. True they might have failed to grasp that correlation doesn't imply causation (a simply fallacy a high school logic student could tell you), and that if pot caused psychosis there would be a statistical rise in psychotic disorders parallelling the rise in pot use (this implies that they have it backwards: psychos like pot, but pot doesn't make you a psycho).

Honestly though, this isn't the worst article out there. It is true that some users experience withdrawl, and it's certainly fucking true that some people get addicted. It's not a particularly vile thing to be addicted to, but that's still a risk we all took when we started hittin' the pipe.

10. I've been using weed for 30 years. I've quit for months at a time for various reasons, job, believing it was bad for me, just to name a couple. I am addicted to weed much in the same way I'm addicted to coffee, though I believe coffee to be a stronger addiction, when I abstain from mj it doesn't give me a headache. Take my coffee away and you will definately get a rise out me. the physically addictive qualities of mj though, are weak if at all imo.

11. ok, without your help, I've found a negative effect of mj that I believe to be true in, "11 common misconceptions about marijuanna" in this section, check it out. I still, however, believe that the benefits from mj far out weigh the negative effects, definately for me, and more than likely for many.

I am a man of my word, and so I publicly state that I am an idiot. I hope this makes you happy, mighty identifier of idiots. peace

12. Ehem...the benefits out-weigh the negative effects? what are you, 12?

OK, so you enjoy the buzz, open your mind a bit... right. If thats more important to you than the negative effects than shit, its your body not mine...
    I still smoke weed and i know the well known side effects from smoking it and it doesnt stop me, only because ive made peace with myself and who I am --- doesn't mean Marijuana doesnt cause any side effects, this is to the other disbeleivers...or as I like to call them, very, very immature smokers who think because MJ is a gateway drug that it was sent from the heavens above and has absolutly no harm in it at all --

Do you not beleive in scientists, experiments and tests?

It's simple, like tobacco MJ has many toxins that have been proven to change your body and certain parts of your brain, IE memory loss, fatigue, loss of brain cells, ETC and of course your body, IE stunted growth.

Just type into your Google "negative effects of marijuana" and you gullible people may actually learn something

EDIT: This site is a good one, read this -- http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html -- the "Effects on the Brain" section I think you'll find interesting....

peace

13. don't ever trust what the establishment tells you about drugs - legal or illegal

14. Ya know, I'm probably one of the dumb idiots your talking about, howeve, I did a paper back in the day on MJ use, guess what of all the bad things out there starting with the air we breath, MJ kills less people, At the time there were zero deaths directly related to MJ, asprin around 600 or so a year, airborn polutants million or so each year(survey was of the US). so I say, I'll take killing a few million brian cells from something I enjoy doing as opposed to the millions I loss every day due to environmental conditions that I by myself cannot change. Also, you can reduce the bad effects of MJ by vaproizing and eating it to almost zero.

Oh, one final observatiion, if you truely beleive that the goverment who says MJ is so bad, then maybe you can explain to me why they would use agent orange, cause this week I'll be bury my brother due to its use.

15. no, I am not 12, I am 38. In my younger years I was diagnosed with a very serious mental illness. I went through a few years of treatment with tranquillizers, that were almost as bad as the illness. It took me some time but eventually I discovered I could maintain normalness through use of mj. Now, about 20 years later, I can maintain normalness with or without mj. I chose with. Even if I die 20 or 30 years early, which I seriously doubt, yes, the quality of my life has been improved to the level that the benefits far out weigh the negatives. peace

16. First of all, sorry to hear about your brother but agent orange has nothing to do with this issue, at the time of the war they clearly didnt do enough tests to see if it would do much harm to humans which was a big mistake.

Anywho, about beleiving what "the government says" ??? mate, we're not talking about aliens here, we're not talking about the world trade centre attacks (as many beleive) or the moon landing....we're talking about chemicals in a drug. Just read the facts, they're not a conspiracy theory made up by the government, HA HA HA, but tests done. Personally I think you have a little paranoia with the government and their "conspiracies" - alot is real in this world, you know.

...I never said MJ KILLS more people than pollution among other things, like you mentioned.... but living with these problems IE anxiety, depression, (shit, im getting so sick of repeating myself) is hard enough as it is.

MJ itself does not kill people, but the anxiety, depression etc can cause dramatic effects in peoples lives... If you've ever suffered from depression or a major anxiety you would probably say to yourself "I think id rather be dead"

17. I will repeat what I said in that last post, but instead directed at you.

Have you ever heard of Marijuana causing Paranoia? Of course you have, surely all of us have. I beleive this, plus people opinions have made you paranoid about these things.

Just think, the facts are right there - done 100,000s of times the world over, possibly even more yet you still beleive YOU are right, that the government is trying to "cover something up" or (what do you beleive? because right now you are sounding crazy, man)

You seem to have been taken in by people opinions such as the "conspiracy" of the World trade centre tragidy, or the Moon landing and what not - but hey, thats just my opinion, right?

I'ts funny how something so simple can turn into a big argument... Don't you guys want scientists to discover more about our planet and it's wonders? Where would we be if scientists didn't find cures for general Cold's and Flu's? Chest infections and things much more dramatic? What if they gave up on finding a cure for cancer?

We need to know facts about Marijuana so we can be aware what we're doing to ourselves... and like I said, I've made peace with what MJ causes to myself because I like to smoke and enjoy myself ...I'm not denying that, but many people who don't understand that need to understand that it's not a bloody conspiracy, they're facts.

18. ..And sorry about this, as you can tell by the language i was in a VERY foul mood, and had a very bad day.

19. np, I've had many of these days myself. I am not dismissing scientific evidence at all, you got me wrong. In the past few months, I've read lots of newer evidence from scientific experiments and studies that proves lots of commonly believed myths about mj are false. It has totally changed my outlook.

It is also another reason why the propaganda spread yesterday is so dangerous today. After finding out the lessons about drugs I've been taught since I can remember are totally false, I decided I can't trust anything from these people bent on spreading lies to accomplish their means.

One of the major players in history responsible for illegalizing marijuanna strongest argument was that it made black men unable to keep themselves from raping white women. It made perfect sense to people back then and any one who questioned this was viewed as an "idiot". I got this info from an episode on the history channel. peace