Cause?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MaryJaneCy, Jun 4, 2019.

1. I've checked the ph of the plants, using a soil ph measurer as that's all i got could get local. Ph on one pf them was 6.9 on the others was about 7

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I believe that's too high. you want like...5.6 - 6.2 or some such.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Any organic ways to decrease it? @CheebaWooba?

4. I mean probably?
    I use a product but for coco so...that's organic right?
    Just called PH Down.

Though I have heard stuff about adding lime or something...like not the fruit, the other one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Could add lemon to your water

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. the stuff you use to make lime soda? i freaking love it

7. 6.5 to 7.0 is where I can expect my soil to be.
    Just from poking around on here it seems 5 to 6 is where those indoor hydroponic guys try to be.
    Just did a quick search for PH levels.
    Found this chart in the archives.
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps.

8. I stuck half a lemon in my water sprayer, I'll see how it goes

9. [​IMG]

Young cannabis plants are acrophobic and don't like all that open space your large pot is providing.
    Large pots and small plants = always to wet.
    I start in a 3x3x3 inch and don't transplant until it's root ball is solid enough to transfer with not one grain of soil lost.
    6 to 12 inches tall.
    Don't water mindlessly either. Pick up the pot. If it's still heavy set it back down. Feather light? now water.

[​IMG]

Summer set.

BNW

10. <---- does it all wrong. I never check my hose water as It's always 8.5 PH. I never check my runoff. Who cares what that is?
    I run Chicken Manure and Sulfur only.
    Very lackadaisical grower here.
    I only grow about 10 pounds a year in 4 grows. :)2.5 # per grow on average.
    Meets my needs and for all my inattention my friends say I grow the best weed they know of and it's California with hundreds of dispensaries to buy at.

BNW

11. Well when you say heavy what do you mean

12. Heavy as in 'weight'. Dry dirt feels light. Especially when its 30%+ perlite. After you add water and lift the pot it will feel like a boat anchor till the water dries. When it feels light again, water again.
    I don't even check PH anymore. It always turned out to be right at 7, so I figured why bother. So what if it fluctuated a point or two. I'm not having problems that I can tell. I just water from the hose. Once I got a handle on the pest control, my issues are ambient temps and humidity.
    I'm not suggesting you shouldn't test your soil. I'm just saying my results were so predictable I failed to see the point and got bored. Lucky me? Lazy me, for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Well I don't know if mine is 30% perlite, I didn't specifically measure it, I just added what i thought was right, I mean it just needs a decent amount so the roots access oxygen and what not right?

14. Correct.

You should still feel a significant difference between wet and dry soil.

15. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Guys, One of my plants is looking a bit unhealthy, It's just not growing at the same pace as my other Jack Herrer and starting to worry if there's something wrong with her? The leafs are a bit dry

16. I think it's a case of L.IT.F.A. and be patient, your plant looks fine to me. Don't stress man these things grow like weeds lol. Hard to fuck up especially in organic soil. It will sort itself out.

Sent from my [illustrious_imagination] using Grasscity Forum mobile app