caught in college?? HELP

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DefyGravity987, Feb 19, 2011.

1. I am currently living in a Dorm in a community college in Michigan.

Earlier a police officer came to my door and asked to search. He found two bowls (recently cleaned), a plastic bong, and a glass bubbler. He also found my grinder, which had no herb or keif in it. I had no smoke, and it has been all legal smoking substitues (specifically Green Cobra) out of these peices within the months. I had smoked a bit of Already Been Vaped (not even a half a bowl) in the bubbler, but thats the only thing i have had at all in my peices or my system in a while, and I did not and do not have any illegal herb. I have not been smoking in my dorm room but keep my peices in here, as I live no where near my house and have no other place to store them, and keeping them in my car would be a horrible idea.
    I did not ask for a search warrant, as I didnt think one would be necessary since I am living on the school's property so I didnt think they would need one. I have no prior convictions at all, so I am not especially worried as to what will hapen legally. My school has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for drugs and alcohol.
    What exactly should I do?
    I know I will probably end up with probation, but I don't know anything at all about this stuff. This is my first and only legal offense ever. The thing I am worried about the most is getting kicked out of the dorm, the way that the RA's were talking is that it might be a probation for me living in the dorms but Im not sure what all i should say to the Dorm Director and what not to.

2. Probation or fines. Since its zero tolerance there can be a higher possibility of being kicked out of the dorms. The fact that you didn't have weed was a good thing but the pieces still get you fucked.

Probably some drug classes at the school(that you'll have to pay for)

3. You got arrested?? if there is no thc residue, i will fight it? why did they search your dorm anyway??

4. they said they could smell it coming from my room, even though I had not smoked any, and did not even have any.

I am not sure if any of the pieces had any THC resin on them. I try to clean the pieces regularly for this exact reason, and they have resin of legal stuff, and probably extremely extremely minute amounts of marijuana resin.

5. Sounds easy to fight and win... you didn't actually do anything illegal and they had no reason whatsoever to search.

6. Won't be that bad in MI dude

7. Be careful next time, try to move off campus if possible, with what living on campus cost, you could easily pay for a nice apt; sounds fishy though, like someone tried to tip them off, be careful with who you trust

8. I do not know anyone in the city or at the school. I actually have rigs in my room to prevent smell if i do smoke in there. Blowing the smoke straight out the window, thru a fan, through a sploof, and i put blankets out of the door because the gaps are on the sides not the bottom. I really dont know how they could have smelled marijuana coming from my room with all that going into my LEGAL smoking herbs, even though I hadnt even smoked them for hours beforehand.
    The officer also found some Nitrous chargers that had actually been left in my room by a friend, and wrote on the reports i was using them for the inhalation of CO2.

My biggest concern right now is what exactly I should say to my Dorm Director when i speak with him about the matter.
    The hardest part in all honesty, is over. Which was having to tell my mother, which the school requested that I call her at 11pm and tell her what happened. I was expecting her to go apeshit on me, but the RA's that had to listen to the convo for verification, got so bored with the conversation they left!

9. Why were you smoking weed that's already been vaped?

It doesn't get you high, and tastes horrible.

10. Fight the fuck out of it. Theres too much circumstantial evidence. They cant do shit.

11. ABV bud DOES have cannabanoids still in it, specifically the ones specifically meant for pain relief, which is why i smoke the already been vaped.
    And it doesnt taste bad, but then again it might be because my vaporizer is awesome :)

12. man idk, maybe your actually not vaping your bud enough. I know I have smoked ABV weed before during a long sad dry period, and it was disgusting. I learned my lesson and never tried it again.

13. I'm sure you'll just be put on probation, max. Even though they found paraphanalia, they didn't find buds (if I read correctly), so I don't think you'll get much more of a punishment than probation. The zero tolerance policy could be a problem, though, but I'm pretty sure it's a zero tolerance policy (unless you have an mj card) at just about every college.

On the other hand, I know it's in the past, but you should have asked if there was a warrant issued. You have the right to protect your fourth amendment, and should definitely put that right in action. Although you're living in a dorm, and it's not technically your property, I'm pretty sure you can still refuse a search without warrant.

14. ahh, well its almost completely brown when it comes outta the vape. Its an Iolite vape, so its tiny and handheld and dosent hold that much and gets hella hot.

Does anyone think a detox is necessary when all i had smoked within the past few weeks is the Already Been Vaped, and the peice i had been smoking my legal stuff out of has never been used for illegals, just that half bowl of ABV?

15. No, it does not, any effects that you recieve from bud thats already been vaped is completely physcoschimatic, unless the vaporizer is of poor quality and doesn't efficiently vape all of the cannabanoids out of it.

If the vaporizer is set to only vaporize the THC, then other cannabanoids can be saved along in the process; because certain cannabanoids don't vaporize until at least 365 degrees. However, this is usually not the case with a vaporizer such as an Iolite. The only effects you'd get from bud thats already been vaped is an extensively dry mouth, and a short high off of the plant matter and carbon monoxide that has been created as a result of burning it.

16. #16 DefyGravity987, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
    oh... okay, so why do people make edibles out of it? and tinctures? it must have some properties to it if people make stuff out of it frequently... and since they teach you how to use it in Medical Marijuana Academy (at least at one of the ones that I was looking at).

And the fact that that isn't the case of what the high is like when i smoke it.... its very calming and relaxing to me and others that have smoked the same ABV (we both got the same exact effect and we have extremely different tolerance levels when it comes to drugs in general), and usually makes me hella tired. I mean would it make a difference if it was chronic?

17. Don't listen to that guy I've smoked abv bud a lot and it DOES get you high. It's just different like you said because it's mostly other cannibinoids and not THC.

18. i KNOW im not crazy... ive done my research on these things lol

19. If you can smoke weed and get high after its been vaped, then you have a shitty vaporizer.

/thread