Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Caught. Charged with possesion of paraphernalia.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dundee, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Hello. last night i was charged with possession of paraphernalia in Indiana. This is my very first run in with the law, including traffic violations. The cops searched my car, with the "distinct smell of marijuana" as grounds, and found my grinder with no weed, and my bowl with "residue." I'm wondering what i should expect as punishment in terms of fines, probation, community service, or jail time if that's a likelihood. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated- Thank you

2. that's like being charged with DUI for having a glass pitcher in your car

3. if its not decriminalised, they can do whatever the fuck they want. But they might go easy on you if its a first time.

4. Instead of a bunch of drivel from stoners, you should be seeking advice from an attorney.

5. Wow I thought i was the only person from indiana here. Anyways, if they actual found weed and its your first time, is a misdemeanor if it's less than an ounce. Not sure abt the paraphernalia part but they'll go easy since its your first offense.

6. I've already contacted two criminal attorneys. I came here looking for perspective, real life stories, or any other kind of commentary you guys had. It's stressful as fuck, and it's comforting to here these stoners' "drivel."

7. Haha no man i'm here representing Indiana with you. Really one of the most pathetic states when it comes to the acceptance of mj. but yes i'm hoping the fact that its my first offense will be my saving grace in all of this

8. Also on of my cousins gout caught with 2oz on his first offense and only got 100 days but got out early on good behavior. You should be fine man, just plead guilty and don't argue or do anything stupid at court

9. #9 ebbywrx05, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    NORML says that for first offense para. offenses, it says no time and 10k in fines. Doesn't mean you will get that lol

Btw, wtf? In Indiana possessing 30gs and under and SELLING 30gs and under carry the same offenses

Indiana State Laws

10. Charged with a related felony charge back in the day. A friend covered my bail with a property bond. I paid money to an attorney some other friends of mine recommended. We pushed the case back for years, sometimes sending me into court dates with just a letter alone. One day my lawyer called me up and told me to do five hours of community service in the next two days. It turns out he had already agreed with the prosecutor on a misdemeanor charge and 5 hours of community service. That was all. Suck it, pigs.

I only did 1 hour of community service when I spotted an employee stealing shit and blackmailed my way out of the last 4. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Again, find a good lawyer right now.

11. Yeah, i wasn't taken to jail last night or anything. No bail, they let my buddies come over and drive my car home. Im hoping that a well connected attorney who knows the prosecutors and judges well, will be able to help me out here.

12. Well good luck with that. indiana may be the least accepting but we are also the easiest court system

13. You aren't going to see jail time. Probably some probation, community service, and fines.

You should immediately stop doing any illegal drugs. The sooner you can pass drug tests, the better. This will be one of the first things a lawyer tells you.

14. a slap on the wrist probation and probably a bullshit drug class.

15. good to hear. what does probation mean? i have to go take drug tests randomly?

16. Exactly. The faster you pay the fines the cooler they get, but expect randomness.

17. Damn i heard the weed laws in indiana are mad harsh