Cats vs. Plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kadaj, May 13, 2011.

1. I've been doing some research and I can find material on plants possibly being bad for cats. However that's not what I'm interested in knowing.

I want to know if cats are bad for my plants.

2. Think of it this way...are cats GOOD for plants? No.
    There are only a couple things cats can add to a grow.

• Mischief
    • Pests/bad shit

3. No there not bad for them...they will eat them if given a chance. I am growing 4 White Widows. My cat ate one when it was a seedling. Keep them away.

4. What kind of pests are we talking about?

5. Pets can bring in spider mites and other small pests that can destroy your plants.

If you grow in soil, your cats may consider your tubs as overly-high, but convenient, cat boxes. My cat Grim, who has PTSD (honest!) will eat fresh, or dry, cannabis whenever he can, and always saunters in when we get out the vape! He doesn't care much for smoke, however.

Granny

6. HAHA mine does the same. She meows and meows when I get the vape out. She also will eat fresh dry cannabis. I think she thinks its catnip.

7. Yea if I don't smoke my cat up he'll go after my buds. Seriously, he will lick my tray clean if he doesn't get stoned.

I've put my plants on my coffee table and cardboarded the end of the table; so he can't really get to my babies.

8. If you have an outdoor grow then cats are really good for keeping rats and moles away, as are small yappy dogs.:)