Cats Suck.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by deadphishcheez4, Aug 21, 2012.

1. So me and my roommate wanted to get a dog, but our landlord wouldn't allow us. We were looking into other pets, and my neighbor across the hall happens to have this grey cat. He says I can watch her a couple days and kinda see how I like having a cat and whatnot. It was something to do, and I've never had a pet in my life but some fish here and there.

The cat seemed cool, If I rub her head she makes the cutest face, but I start to pet her back and side and then this cat FLIPS. Starts biting and clawing at my hands, and this bitch has some sharp claws, long overdue to be cut. I've got a few scratches. That's not the worst of it.

I'm in the kitchen after a dab, with my oil rig on the table over in my bedroom. I come back and this cat's climbing around my shit with my rig fallen over with the mouthpiece cracked off. It was like a bad nightmare, and I wanted nothing more than to just wake up and have it be fake, that effect lasted for about 3 seconds and the reality hit me hard.

I pick up that cat right away, knock on my neighbors door.
    "Here's your fucking cat, man."

I was so pissed, it's my first water diffused glass, but now I'm very relieved because I cleaned the piece and brought the parts into my LHS, and they'll fix it this week. :hello:
    It was kind of funny because if I ever broke a pipe in the past I would just get a new one, and with this I thought it was gonna be irreplaceable too. Then I realized the perc and all the functioning glass was perfectly intact, it just broke on the mouthpiece neck. Easy fix for savvy glassblowers, I'm sure.

2. Haha damn man that's rough. Cat knocked one of my old first china glass bubblers back in high school. They think they're so nimble lol. All cats are different though man. Some cats are just straight up snobs lol other cats are fun as shit an snuggly. I used to have a cat that when I sat down he would come massage my belly haha

3. Cats are the kind of animal where if you die, they will eat your body or something

Whereas dogs will lie next to you until they starve to death

I'm a dog guy

4. get a big ass snake.
    introduce said cat to huge snake.

he won't bite you again

5. well for one thing that cat was in a foreign environment with someone they were not completely comfortable with nor used to living with
    maybe the cat didnt feel comfortable with you pushing it over and rubbing its belly? my cat only allows me to do that, anyone else who is semi new and shes just a bitch to them

also, your rig and table probably seemed interesting to it, so obviously she is going to investigate, when having a cat, you need to cat proof, simple, just like having a dog, you may need to dog proof a house

6. Dude, I have a Pitbull best dogs in the world. Cats to me see alright at times it seems like they have PMS. Especially when for situations when you can pet their head but not their stomachs or backs. They also shed alot, it can get pretty bad and having a litter box in the house just makes your place smell awful.

7. Fuck the felines. Dogs are the shit, I was pissed when I couldn't get one.

Dogs are constantly smiling and genuinely happy, perhaps even a little clumsy or stupid in a funny way, with cats its here or there, they have bitchy mood swings and like to do their own shit.

Now that I see for real, the marginal difference between the qualities of these pets are insane.

Man's best friend FTW :hello:

8. lol cats are the bomb

My bud will follow me everywhere, fun to play with, don't need to take him outside for the bathroom

9. Cats rule dogs drool :cool:

10. Cats don't go to heaven though. So when your cat dies... Let it be known now that it will be burning in hell :hide:

11. I love my cat.

12. [quote name='"BlazedCannabis"']I love my cat.[/quote]

No offense but your cat doesn't love you. They don't love anything. They have no soul

13. i love cats but its no lie that cats are cunts lol.

14. Sorry to hear you had to go through all this lol, I'd strangled the little shit.

Cats are interesting animals to be around with, though you have to accept the fact they love themselves more than anything else and it's just them at the end of the day. Dogs are quick to give all they can to a human, especially if you treat them right.

15. That's a lie^

My cat fuckin loves me. One thing you have to realize is that not all cats are the same. Cats are a little more particular about some things though. With my cat I can't just rub her belly because she'll bite me but that's cuz she doesn't like that. And one thing I like about cats over dogs is their more independent so theyre easy to take care of but at the same time theyre fun and cute as a motherfucker.

Attached Files:

16. Don't blame an animal, when YOU being the superior intellect, should have known how to interact with it.

OP was scratched because OP was clueless on how to play with the cat.
    OP allowed the cat to be where it could knock over something...

OP, do you leave knives, guns, caustic chemicals, where a little kid would get to them, do you allow the kid to be near those things, when the kid is in your home?

ohwell...at least other kitties will be safe now, since you won't own one.

17. I love my cat so much I have a picture of him and I in the 'post a picture of your pet' thread. <3 My lion.

18. [quote name='"cball"']Don't blame an animal, when YOU being the superior intellect, should have known how to interact with it.

OP was scratched because OP was clueless on how to play with the cat.
    OP allowed the cat to be where it could knock over something...

OP, do you leave knives, guns, caustic chemicals, where a little kid would get to them, do you allow the kid to be near those things, when the kid is in your home?

ohwell...at least other kitties will be safe now, since you won't own one.[/quote]

Fuck something that I have to "know how to play with." I'm not catering to its needs. My interactions with animals are no more than me petting them. Dogs seem cool with it.

What a poor argument you just made too and it's kind of a pussy thing to say (no pun intended). What are you an animal rights activist? I didn't put a cat in danger like your graphic image with a kid in my house (I'm not gonna have a kid in my house unless I slip one past the goalie). I fed that cat tuna and gave it some cream then pet it. Get lost, cball.

19. That blows.
    But that cat's just not yours. Cats and dogs are so different.
    Dogs always want to impress, cat's just have their own personalities.

I never had cats growing up because my dad was allergic, once my parents divorced I was able to get a cat at my moms. (Needless to say I was actually scared shitless of cats, bad experiences with them, but I'm an animal lover and would love one regardless)...

And I'll never regret it. Got her from a cat shelter, they were actually going to euthanise her because she had been there so long. She actually has the personality of a dog (typically), probably because she was raised with three :smoke:

Runs to the door when I come home, always wants to cuddle, purrs like a motorboat. I have a dog, and I enjoy the different type of interaction.

P.S: If you were to give cats a chance, I would suggest going to a shelter and just observing and interacting with them, there is always going to be one that connects with you. It may take time, but you will find one and never regret it!

20. You just don't know how to deal with cats.

If you got shit you don't want knocked over, put it somewhere it won't get knocked over. Also, some cats simply don't like being petted on certain spots, just a matter of finding out where you can and cannot pet them.

I would have to disagree with cats not loving their owners. I got some friends whose cats absolutely love them. Yes, cats will eat you when you die, but i chop that up more to not being fed and being hungry with a food supply right there.