Cats fuckin' rock!

Discussion in 'General' started by itguy, Feb 20, 2009.

1. #1 itguy, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
    My cat is awesome. He came with the girlfriend as a kitten and was pretty much automatically attached to me even though I really didn't care for cats when I first met him. He knew the sound of my motorcycles and would wait by the door for me and beg for attention like a dog - so pathetic, running in front of me and then flopping down to look 'cute', then as I step over him he'd jump up and run and do it again - he'd literally forget that he just tried it.. He acts high all the time, like a natural high that's just part of his personality.. He's a "ragdoll", and I dunno if it's lots of inbreeding or what but he's pretty much 'missing' major genetic things. For example: he's horrible at catching bugs. Even when he does finally catch one, he can't figure out exactly how to kill it. He'll pounce (carefully, he's always careful - more on that later) on a bug, gently place his paw on it to keep it from running away, and stare confused and intently on his paw. Most of the time he'll hear a noise or see a flicker of light and turn to look, slightly raising his paw (thus letting the bug scurry away), just to turn back and find it missing! He'll lift his paw up and down, looking under it as if expecting the bug to reappear like magic!! You can just see the confusion on his face - he has almost a cartoon face about how he feels about things lol... Also, being a ragdoll he naturally just lays all over you.. He likes being upside down or however you want, he just curls up and trusts you to hold him - if he was dropped he probably wouldn't wake up in time to land on his feet :D:D

Anyhow, he's really careful around my plants. He likes to gently chew on leaf, but *only* if I pluck it off and give it to him. He somehow knows that I care about the plants, and is even careful to not dump dirt out when leaning and looking.. I can leave the door open and he just looks and smells and enjoys the light. He's simply the best fucking cat in the world. Right now he's sitting in my lap purring his heart out just to be in my presence.

/end novel

Oh yeah - here's a thread that has good pics of his dumbass lion cut that gf gets on him (which he likes, and I secretly like too, but it's gay enough to be best buds with a cat so I have to act like I don't like it lol)

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreatio...s-present.html

:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:: smoke: \t\t

Pics:

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...1235096232-my-first-grow-attempt-img_1808.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...1235096232-my-first-grow-attempt-img_1805.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...1235096232-my-first-grow-attempt-img_1809.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...1235096232-my-first-grow-attempt-img_1811.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...1d1230512741-my-hvy-xmas-present-img_1580.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...3d1230512741-my-hvy-xmas-present-img_1583.jpg

2. Im with you bro im a cat person as well, its not gay to love a little kitty

3. beautiful cat mang. I love my cat too. :D Nothing wrong with liking cats more than dogs.

If some one gives you shit for it, just tell them cats are way more fucking bad ass to chill with than dogs(cause they are :D).

4. ^ how the fuck can you not love that?

both dogs and cats are ok in my books, never had a bad exp with either.

5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our 16 year old Ragdoll cat: Sugar.

Yes. He's big. He also takes the largest shits. My wife has had him since she was in the 8th grade (she's in her early 20s)

6. yeah man its not gay at all to like cats, my friend, who gets laid all the time (big for a high schooler) came over the other day and saw my kitten and was like "aww the littew kitty katt"

haha i love that kid

7. Haha that face says is all dude - that cat is loving being pet..

8. Awesome looking cat bro.

I hate my cats, I've had them since I was in like 4th grade and I live with my sister so I still have to put up with them.

9. Cats are awesome
    But i'i'm allergic to them
    Whenever I get around one I get all itchy and congested
    It sucks:(

10. Growing up I was the exact same way. My grandmother and sister both had shitty brat cats that were mean to everyone and always nasty/needing brushed. Or, outside cats that weren't affectionate and basically only cared because they got fed.

This little dude I have now is different though - he's way more of a friend than just a cat.

11. Yeah I've gotten used to mine. Other people's cats make me allergic to the point of being sick - these did too, but I got used to it after 6 months or so. I hate their hair but they don't shed much. They're fairly clean, and I have a catgenie automatic litterbox that just grinds everything up and flushes it down the toilet so no smell at all.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeJ7hU5zcuQ"]YouTube - CatGenie - Cleaning Cycle[/ame]

12. My cat is huge. I don't have dimensions, but I'm serious, this may be the largest cat you've ever seen outside of wild species.

It's a Seal Point Mitted Ragdoll. Ragdolls are the largest domesticated breed.

My point is, would he be able to fit in that cat genie? Sugar takes the BIGGEST shits because he eats more than some small dogs.

13. I've seen videos of a monstrous ~20lb cat that would use it. The catgenie people have really good forums, you might try posting a pic or weight and see what they think..

I can't brag about that thing enough - it was $300 iirc but worth every penny.

14. I love kittehs! They are far superior to dogs.

[​IMG]

15. As kenny Glenn found out the internet loves its cats, me included.

16. Yeah what a fucktard. He deserves what's coming to him - although the video (imho) wasn't all *that* bad (I've seen cats like to *play* that rough) you can tell from the way the cat responds that it's been abused. Especially at the beginning, when the kittah cowers away :(

(taken roughly from 4chan where this started):

“I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… I will look for you, I will find you, and I will AVENGE THE KITTAH!”

17. Yay for catz!

[​IMG]

18. agreed....it sux cuz i want to pet them, but they fuck up my synisis ... and on top of that im kinda traumatized cuz as a child a cat bit the shit out of my leg which gave me a fever for like 3 days....my parents were dumbasses who did not bother to take me to the emergency room...

19. OP your cat is really cool, the picture where it's looking up at the camera is awesome. I love cats too, my cat was my best friend in the world before it died. I'm not a sentimental person but i fucking loved that cat.
    When it died it had been to the vet earlier in the day and they didn't know what was wrong with it, I went to bed and later that night I just heard the cat miaowing gently and i woke up, she was just sitting there looking totally calm and gave me this look like 'it's time' curled up next to me purring and just died peacefully in her sleep. I feel so proud that it trusted me enough to share it's last moments because cats are renowned for knowing 'when the end is nigh' and will often just find somewhere isolated to pass away.
    One day I want another cat, norweigan forest cats look pretty cool.
    this is an old african proverb about how cats came to live with us *girls should like this one*"
    "Once upon a time the cat did not live in the houses of men. She lived only in the bush or in the jungle.
    One cat became friendly with a rabbit. She went everywhere with the rabbit and was astonished at the craftiness of her friend. One day a duiker (duiker or duyker: small african antelope), fought with the rabbit and killed it with its horns. As her friend was dead the cat lived with the duiker. Then the duiker was killed by a leopard, so the cat decided to live with the leopard. A few days later they met with a lion. The lion fought the leopard and killed it. The poor cat then made friends with the lion and lived with him until one day they met a herd of elephant. A huge bull fought with the lion and killed it.

The cat thought to herself, "I must make friends with an animal as large and strong as this elephant - surely nothing can defeat it!"

But her troubles were not yet over, for one day a hunter shot the elephant with a poisoned arrow and the elephant died.

Now the cat did not know what to do, for she had never seen a two-legged animal such as this. She thought hard and said to herself, "if this man can kill a huge animal like an elephant, I had better make friends with him so that I can live in safety."

She followed the hunter back to his home, and when the hunter entered his hut the cat crept up on to the verandah. She heard sounds of quarrelling in the hut and saw the man in flight from a woman who was beating him with a stick for stirring porridge.

The cat said to herself, "Now I have seen the strongest of all creatures - a woman!"

Ever after this the cat has lived in the huts with the women, because it is they who are all-powerful."

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow."

"
    Beware of people who dislike cats.
    - Irish Proverb"

"
    You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats.
    - Colonial American Proverb"