catnip?

Discussion in 'General' started by modern-hippy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. sooooo....... i was smoking some resin earlier, and before i lit up, i decided that the house cat was more then worthy of cathin a mind buzz with me. So I went to the frige where i know my mom put this big plastic baggy full of cat nip and dumped out a large pile of it on his kitty castle/house scratching post thing a ma boper. Needless to say he went crazy and seemed to love it. this made me wonder if theres a way humans can get high off of catnip?

2. Supposedly you can, though it's mild. Not to mention smoking catnip tastes bad/is harsh. I tell you that from personal experience. Back when I first started smoking I was a dick and blew catnip smoke at a kitty. The first hit I accidentally inhaled out of habit. I didn't feel nothing but nasty, slightly minty burning.

3. humans dont get much affect from catnip, our brains dont have the receptors that pick up the same chemical that cats brains pick up. so we may be getting some sort of high off of a different chemical that cats dont use.. hm strange isnt it...

4. I'm growing some catnip for my cat.

It's a cool looking plant to grow.

5. [​IMG]

Look they even form a circle like us herb enthusiast.

6. I'll give my cat a pinch of catnip every now and then if she's getting needy. She loves the shit.

7. I don't have any cats but what does the catnip to do them? Does it like get them high or what?

8. :laughing::laughing:

9. yea, i got some under fluoros right now with my little sprout(for outdoor coverage and my kitty)

10. Eh... nothing.

I tried smoking it once, and 12 bowls later I didn't feel anything.

It's not worth the effort, so save it for your cat. He'll enjoy it more.

11. one time i rolled up i think it was about 20 j's of catnip b/c i was outa weed and was needin some. i smoked all of them and didnt feel a thing. it does nothing but give u a nasty fieling in your chest

12. Catnip is part of the mint family, and likely no more high-inducing than smoking mint leaves (which is to say, not at all).

That being said, next time you are sick with an annoying cough, brew up some catnip tea (just put some 'nip in a diffuser and drop 'er in your kettle or mug). It is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry soothing and actually tastes really nice.