Catholic guilt

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 420girl1234, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Any other Catholics here? I go to church every Sunday. I have guilt over like everything. I was thinking about it and I know it comes down to one thing...confession. well the Church teaches at an early age that like everything is wrong. I'm a lesbian in a married state with a child born from sperm insemination...well according to the Church all of this is wrong. I smoke pot and again is wrong in the eyes of the Church. Masterbation...wrong. in fact I feel
    guilty about everything that I feel to prideful when I try to pat myself on the back for anything. I also suffer from depression hmmmm oh yeah and I almost died from Anorexia. Because of the Church? My mom? Ugggg I feel I have to make a choice between God and Church or from this guilt?! Lol wow seeing all this in writting puts it into perspective...maybe thats why my dad never went to church with us. He used pot too and had low self esteem

• Like Like x 2
  2. You shouldn't worry God doesn't exist lol, just keep smoking if it helps you eat :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP, seems to me you are not really meant for Catholic life. Why should you subject yourself to all this guilt?
    You can believe in God without needing a middle-man. Find your own path. God will be with you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Do yourself a favour and quite going to that brainwashing house and enjoy your life. You can still be a good moral person without that place of judgement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MjAxMy1jMTlhM2I2NTE3MzUxNTFh.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I'm a Christian and get some shit for it, but look, the way I see it is,if you live your life as a good person, treat others with love and respect, don't judge, etc
    You don't have much to worry about. A lot of the Catholic rules are man made law. Not necessarily scripture based. Like the whole no meat on Friday during lent. I cuss, smoke weed, and probably do a ton of shit that the Catholics would have me sitting in purgatory forever. You need not confess to anyone but God. Jesus died four our sins so we could have salvation. And if we're wrong and there is no God, there's no harm in living a life as a good person. @HashnWeed666 , Jesus loves you too bro. Even if you don't believe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

7. Damn didn't know you believed in that kinda stuff dude, everyone believes in something man if it makes you happy/doesn't hurt anyone it doesn't bother me what you think is a god ect bro:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  8. You didn't? I sing in the choir, do solos, sing at weddings funerals etc. I've even written and delivered sermons before. I don't advertise my faith, nor do I hide it. It does make me feel good to go to church, but it's on my terms. Not on what someone else says. My relationship with God is between the 2of us. I definitely would ruffle some feathers at church too, if they knew this side of me. If they only knew I get high before every service, even if I'm giving the sermon. Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Damn I knew you sang & went to choirs ect man but didn't think it was in any way religious :laughing:

My friend is Catholic (kinda):laughing: he still does alot of the stuff religious people wouldn't normally do.. like you said it's between the 2 of you not every 1 bro :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Make peace with yourself.
    Be spiritual and not necessarily religious.
    If you desire to continue in the church, use the Word of God and not that of man.

Your guilt is external and need not be internal.
    By feeling guilty it does show that you are concerned with right and wrong.
    Is there Really anything in your life that is so wrong? I don't think so, and don't let other's prejudices taint your self worth. Be You. Be strong in your path and in your love.

:smoke:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeah I'm not one to push religion either. If someone doesn't believe, I'm not gonna try and change their mind. If they have questions, I'll answer them but that's it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Why?

J

13. I can't believe there is still a Catholic alive today not living in a remote, primitive dis-connected society that doesn't seriously doubt the basic legitimacy of that organization from the Pope on down.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Thank you for the kind and touching words.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Lol. Right.

That's why it's time for God to 'die'.

Not the feeling in the heart, but the idea carried through Catholicism.

Why the Catholics? Because they have done terrible things with almost no consequence.

The bible gives Catholicism its authority, and it has long become corrupted by it.

So let go of them. Stop believing, and just BE who you know you ARE without looking for an authority to tell you how to do that. Trust me, you have all you need to take it from here.

I’ll use the words ‘Cannabis Sacrament’.

What the Catholic church has done, and how they've done it, leaves much incomplete. They reveal the basics, but what they give you is not all there is to know.

You don’t need a religion. God will not be found through these man-made ideas.

I’m telling you that if you’re still following the Catholic church, you won’t find what you’re looking for. Understand that the book is a guide, so you can let go of holding so tightly to it.

Cannabis connects you to God in a way that opens you up, as it allows you to experience presence directly without needing the religious mental construct you are used to filtering life through. It is a sacrament, a gift, to know God directly. Just use it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I dont like to label myself as following a "religion" but I am a Baptist and we are taught that Jesus Christ came to this earth died for our sins and that God raised him from the dead, God forgives all sins and freely chooses to see past all we do regardless of how bad, the only thing we can do to not be accepted by our God is to deny his existence, BUT you can be a non believer for your whole life and all you have to do is truly accept christ true to your heart and you will be saved regardless of the sins of this world, for he was beaten, tortured, and hung on a cross as the ultimate sacrifice so we are finally free

17. So you only like the proselytizing part, not the label part?

• Like Like x 1
  18. No one knows anymore or less then you do about god. No one is any closer to god then you are. Your relationship with god is for you to decide as well as the journey it takes to come to that decision. God is a thing like a mountain or a flower in the way that they look different depending on where you stand and where or how you choose to look at them. To see the true beauty in a thing one must take more then a cursory glance upon it. Personally I would rather taste a doughnut then have someone describe what a doughnut is supposed to taste like. You know the difference between what is good and what isnt, no one needs to tell you that.

The two commandments one should live by:
    1 thou shalt not be a cunt unto others
    2 let not others be a cunt unto you or those you love.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Here’s my opinion
    I practice and I’m stoned at every mass as I’ve posted before... probably shouldn’t confess that to a priest..
    I believe in one God the father the almighty and not a book
    I am a conscious intelligent logical human And to me there are faults in Catholicism..of which I feel is in everything even myself...but one thing I feel I have learned through Eucharistic adoration is there is no right way to worship Jesus/God

You can stay faithful 420girl I believe in you

• Like Like x 4
  20. Stop kidding yourself.

• Funny Funny x 1