caterpillars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Boonilla, Sep 7, 2009.

1. That is sorta hard to tell, the actual dried up bud from them eating the stems was low, maybe 1/4oz or less. But I had to do a partial harvest to keep them from doing any further damage, so i am sure that cost me some weight...but exactly how much i'll never know. I have my girls producing a 2nd harvest right now and the caterpillars are gone this time...

2. I fell behind on the worm thing and they are wreaking havoc on my babies and its very annoying. I have a friend that is very pro at plants among other things and he gave me the advice to use it in a different way since i didnt want to spray my babies so with what damage is done he told me Safer BT can be administered systemically, or use on an off day of your nutrient regiment, what you dont find by hand the BT will find the ones hiding. They will eat the budz and get gut rot from the BT. This is working great for playing catch up on these little fuckers. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!

3. Little bastards, been doing damage control the past few days, found a few, spent the day digging through my flowers , just been finding little bits of poop on the sugar leaves, I also found a grandmother GIANT moth hanging out on my main stalk , i'm assuming she was laying eggs, can you see the eggs that the moths lay? I spent hours digging poop off and getting into the heart of my flowers and then I gave the plant a nice BT bath, I am doing a regimen Nemo oil wait a couple days BT bath wait a couple days safer insects soap , repeat, I still have a few weeks until harvest so I will be sure to actually flush my flowers or let them get a good rain on them, I thought I read up on everything but I didn't know about the caterpillars until I found them

4. BT alone will control the catties if applied every week without fail.. I don't use Neem oil in flower as It can leave a funky taste..
    Powdery Mildew is another one to watch for.. Looks like white drywall dust.. Potassium Bicarbonate for that.. Green Cure is what I use.. Weekly as well..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Brass and wood, I grew a pure( ish) sativa up in VT ABOUT 20 years ago, huge gardens, monster plants, year after year, I don't remember having to deal with mites, caterpillars, gnats, none of that shit, deer and frost, that was it, the hell is going on lately, mold , pests?? Maybey my memory is just shot, fish emulsion and lime, that's all we used, seems this all is getting a bit confusing with all these products on the market these days, mold isn't an issue yet, I put a beach umbrella over my girl every night and when it rains then leave a soft fan on her most days, will remember the green cure for next years gorilla fields

6. How about spinosad?

7. Boom...
    sativas have a much more open construction about them and aren't near as susceptible as the much tighter bud builds of most of todays indica crossed hybrids.. That and we just know a hell of a lot more then we did back then.. I grew back in the day and I'm guessing we just smoked it Caterpillar Shit, Powdery Mildew and all back then not knowing any better..
    I didn't get all insane over the pests until the catties wiped out most of my 1st lets call it modern grow.. I kept a sample of that 1st grow and under the scope you can see all the dead mites, the cattie damage and shit, all the mold and mildew as well..

lager88.. I keep and use spinosad for use on flowering stage plants if I find a problem.. Usually if I've done my regular Neem oil spraying weekly in veg the plants are clean and don't need much but weekly treatments of BT and Cure during flower..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BNW

8. #28 Boomboom4200, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
    Yessir

9. #29 Boomboom4200, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
    Look

10. I had a serious problem with the bastards this year. Was this year worse than others? I am in the SE region.

I noticed they hide from the sun. I pulled all the fans off mine and sprayed w an organic spray geared towards the caterpillars.(Can get name of spray if needed)

It helped tremendously. They were hiding under the leaves during the day and coming out at night. Building cocoons under the bigger leaf blades. Still finding one here and there. But not near as many.