Caterpillars! !!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by KouchLoch, Aug 22, 2012.

1. I've found a few caterpillars in my buds. I had to cut some of them out due to the damage. Does anyone know a good solid ORGANIC caterpillar killer?

ForumRunner_20120822_080638.png

2. #3 mobitsfa, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
    From experience, once the caterpillars eat into your buds or stems, it's basically done. It'll start molding and turning black and just dying around that area. You'll have a bunch of caterpillar poop if you don't fix the problem now. You probably have a bunch in the buds already though, sorry. It looks like little specs of dirt, but it's shit.

The plants I had were also in Orange County, so I guess caterpillars are a problem here.
    Like said above, neem oil, or azamax.

3. SNS 209 is a soil drench preventative, for your next grow

4. Thanks all for the responses. I was told Captain Jack's would work so I'm going to give it a try. As far as finding them, I've started to check very closely on all the buds and so far no more caterpillar poop. I'll update in a few days on what's new.

5. I had tons of them last year in northern California. They were buried deep in my buds just munching away. I found that my buds had lots of rot and had to dispose of lots of bud. I would pull the bud apart and they were in there by the dozens. Sigh...