Cataract kush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cheesetronic, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Has anyone actually grown this and toked it?????

It's a new strain and its supposed to be killer buds=
    Og kush/ l.a. confidential...... crossed.

2. Guess I'll be the first to try cataract kush from DNA ......
    heres a pic of day 43 flower

Attached Files:

3. looks great, i just started some cataract kush, you gotta update me on a smoke report.
    got any tips for growing it?

4. Just got some cataract, chocolope and purple wreck from DNA and RP, and a few others from Nirvana. trying to find new mothers-got two rooms of LA Con and Cannadential going right now-one things for sure-anything from DNA is dank.seeds all on plates germing right now.hopefully the Cataract yields more than straight OG though.LA's yield isnt amazing but the bud is so dense and dank, it makes up for it.Looking forward to see how the cataract turns out.

5. After growing out multiple, perpetual grows of Cataract I feel like Ive gotten to know this strain pretty well. Long story short: We noticed three phenos out of 3 packs of 13.The best pheno is obviously OG dom, absolutely reeked in bloom of the classic OG pinesol aroma, but the yield was laughable.Without a doubt,this pheno is the photo in their product description.The other two phenos had fat,dark green indica dominant traits, but the bud was completely different in terms of quality as the good pheno-dense nugs with little to no smell in bloom, and lower resin production.yields were average.The impresssion I get with this strain is that its not very stable, and was rushed. It could have been insane with more work and time-One things for sure: it simply doesnt combine the best qualities of LA Con and the best of OG. With the yield we saw from the best pheno, you might as well just grow SFV OG. Maybe we just didnt get the true best pheno, but out of 3 packs? I bought 2 packs of 10 of Subcools Querkle and theyre the most uniform, stable plants Ive ever seen.Little to no variation. Still love DNA, but definitely not picking up Cataract again.

6. Now that they're selling OG kush seeds, maybe you should make your own Cataract Kush haha.

7. for real,but OG is just fine how it is..can't see the point of crossing it unless you manage to improve the yield and keep the taste/smell.unfortunately cataract wasn't the answer.still running the LA Con which is insane, and have a shitload of querkles that are just starting to show sex.first strain of subcools-used to hate on that dude because he smokes his own pole relentlessly in every media outlet,but these querkles are impressive for sure.perfect germ rates,uniformity..the complete opposite of some others, I.e; bcbuddepot

8. From what I've read from subcool, he actually enjoys what he does. I mean, he started over after a few strains didn't come out as good as he wanted. All that work gone because it wasn't perfect.

Then there's Arjan... lol

9. new to this forum. But, just wanted to get some more info out there about the CATARACT from dna. Dont waste your time!!!! I wish i saw your post before I was deep into my grow! I popped only 12 cat seeds and kept only 3 that looked promising. Its fucking bullshit the way dna pumped this half ass strain up! The one that looks the best to me is a L.A. dominant, that will finish super quick, and has a bit more og smell to it. doesnt look like thier photo. Smells killer, but the yield is not gona be there at all!!!!!!!!!! The other two are more og looking but scraggely, not very uniform, and look like they will go a full 9weeks. I too grow L.A. conf and was wondering what kind of yields you get wit it ? (dnkfactory) kept co2 last time at 1700 and still only pulled 1.2 per thowy... I love you DNA, but hate you for advertising the hell out of cataract kush.

10. Rep to both for sharing I was just considering this for a trial run but I think Im going with Querkle instead Ive wanted for awhile but forgot about it because it was sold out for awhile.Im starting to like TGA more more after each strain I grow really good smoke.

11. well, DNA is often good and bad... I find Barneys and other seeds more dependable
    when it comes to germing and seeing real results... the cataracts I got were
    pretty good, but not that real piney Og'-ness that you find in the real dank strains...
    I find the dna freebies from attitude very hard to germ... I don't like that.
    I think if I was rich as hell, I would pursue all of DNA's strains, but if your looking for quality without paying out the ass, then DNA is not the way to go....
    As you guys have stated, the cataract is not the best of both worlds when it comes to
    OG and l.a. together.... its good (8 of 10), but its not the true dank from what I have seen... DNA needs more powerful strains and to lower the prices...
    cheesetronic

12. my cataract kush is a beautiful plant!!!!! indica dom, with fat leaves.. dark green. about 18 inches in heght, would be taller but ive buchered her because she is my momma!!!! lol look for the clones to be flowering coming soon in about two weeks!!!

13. sounds good bro...! lets see some pics!

14. Thought i'd put some pics up of my Cataract Kush since this thread is #1 in a google search for "Cataract kush grow."

This plant is VERY VERY easy to grow.. Fantastic for beginners. I think i have the OG dom Pheno, as this was a clone from a very reputable distributor in So Cal. This thing smelled so strong and OG like during flower.

During veg this thing hardly smells at all, even using Guano teas.. But if you top it early, the branching on this plant is amazing, although you do get a few branches that dont grow uniformly.

I used Budswel & CNS-17 for one happy plant.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Ive gone through a couple cycles of cataract..The pheno I isolated is a tall, stretchy vine like pheno with super :p dank thick golf ball like nugs. Average yield, even thou I went super light on the nutes this last run and got similar results then when I ran the full line (think entire fox farms line but Lucas formula). Super stanky, super kushy(hello sexxy o.g. Factor), two hit and I'm set and I'm a very regular medical smoker. Recommended, but don't count on a super large yield.

...ps I've been reading grasscity for years almost and this is my first post. Yaaaay :hello:

16. Welcome to The City mobydank :D Would love to see some pics if you have them.

17. i have been growing the cataract kusk for 3 years now..
    it is the Boomb.. i use bio canna and get 370g on 400w

all my friends says it is great in taste and yield... and it has a blanket of Crytals
    and looks dark purpel allmost black before harvest...
    uhm uhmm I Looove it.. great for pain releafe.. i have a bad discus in the back
    it works miracles

18. first post here....hope these pics work, from my last cataract grow day 56...

[​IMG]