Cat problems

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Leafin, Dec 8, 2012.

1. I'd say like an hour before you go to sleep you play vigorously with it for as long as you can and see how that works.

The laser is my favorite because I can just sit there and be lazy, while making my cat crazy!

2. play with the cat alot during the day and get it tired out but dont give it a chance to sleep during the day that way when you goto bed so will the cat its how i trained my cat now every night at about 10 he comes into the house straight to my bed and falls asleep

3. my cat runs from laser pointers he cant stand them at all

4. Hahaha. That is a problem. How is that possible? Don't cats like to hunt small dots? Lol

My cat learned not to eat human food. Walk on tables or scratch furniture cuz my parents make death threats hahaha. She's a good girl tho.

Each cat has their own unique temperament I gueaa

5. #25 EseehC, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
    same with my cat... cats are animals just like dogs, you gotta train them!

if my cat starts to do something wrong, i jus say my command n he stops

if you make him happy after meow, like you play with him or give attention... hes gonna combine the two into meow = play time or meow = pet time

try playing with him when he doesnt meow n just stare back at him when he does

6. My cats breathe smells like cat food

7. Positive reinforcement. ;)

Yeah, I usually try not to give in when my cat meows.

8. We have ten cats.
    They are all nice, well behaved kitties and never do anything wrong.

It's true that they claw up the leather furniture, jump up on the kitchen counters while we are preparing food, knock stuff off the top of the refrigerator, jump up on the table to see and taste what we're eating, race around the house at 3 in the morning, and crowd us out of bed and hog the blanket.

We don't mind any of this (except scratching up the furniture) and actually encourage them.

9. Wow. Lucky kitties. :p

10. The laser helps!

11. Hahahaha

12. Is your cat scared of the vacuum cleaner? If so, put your vacuum cleaner right outside of your bedroom door, and turn it on. Close the door, but run the cord underneath the door and set the plug down near an outlet by your bed. When kitty starts to scratch or meow by the door, plug the vacuum cleaner in. The noise will scare them away.

This might take a few tries, but eventually your cat will realize that making noise at that door at night = "Holy crap, monster attack!" Once that happens, you get to sleep through the night again!

Also, if your vacuum cleaner has any moving parts that could hurt your cat, be sure to cover them up. I put towels around the edge of mine to keep paws and tails out of the moving brushes. I don't think they'd put a limb under there, but they're cats and you should never over-estimate their intelligence. I don't want any cattes harmed, just scared shitless.

13. [quote name='"Leafin"']Sup gc, I need some advice. I have a severe cat problem. I treat my cat like gold. At night, he is super loud; constantly meows, and paws at the door. It is starting to affect my health. I would let him in my room, but when I do that, he plays. Anyone have any helpful advice? Thanks.[/quote]

Get it a good catnip burlap toy. Makes no noise and he'll toss it around all night. Play with him an hour before you wanna go to bed. He'll be pooped

14. My cat does the same thing except whenever I smoke she goes batshit crazy outside my door. I usually just let her in and she'll just roll around on my guitar case.

15. LOL, Cat's plus closed doors equals no go. They will even meow at closed doors to rooms you aren't even in. Strange though, they rarely if ever meow at a closed closet door.

16. Meowing is their way to communicate to humans. So unless u hide in the closet often why would they think u are there? Lol.

Meowing can get annoying. I'm grateful mine is a pussy cat. Nice and quiet.

17. Cats are nocturnal, so he is naturally going to want to be more active at night.

Try playing with him during the day to tire him out, especially shortly before bed. If I don't tire my girls out they will wake me up to play by 3 am.

When do you feed him (Sorry if you answered this, I only skimmed the thread)? If it's in the am that might be part of it. I have found feeding wet food in the evening and then free choice dry food keeps my cats from waking me up meowing. Then again, not all cats do well with free choice. Make sure your kitty doesn't get too fat!

One of my cats can't stand not being in the same room as me (the other is more independent). The one who follows me I have learned to just let her....it's easier to let her in the bathroom than listen to her cry while I shower, for example.

Finally, is your cat indoor only, and an only cat? (sounds like you only have one...) If so, it's possible that a distemper shot may help. You could talk to your vet. I've always kept my cats in pairs (and when I lived with my parents growing up our cats were allowed to go outside) so I've never had this issue, but I know people that it has done wonders for a crabby kitty.

18. My Male cat does that too, but it's usually only about once or twice a month and he is neutered, is your cat neutered? because that might be why he is going bonkers

19. Kiraral^^^ seems to know cats quite well. Your cat is wanting to play and get your attention at night. I've got 2, one a lively Bengal and the other is Abyssinian. Both are very active breeds especially the half wild Bengal breed. I usually play with them at night before bedtime to tire them out. I let the Bengal chase a laser around the house several times until she is panting tired out. The Abby cat is slightly more mellow and won't chase the old laser trick thing so I just tease her with toys, then I feed both some wet food shortly before I go to bed. They are usually both tired by then, follow me up the stairs and settle in bed for the evening. In the morning, the Abby is up with me while I shower, the Bengal sleeps in late until I'm ready to head downstairs then she follows for breakfast. Soon your cat will learn the routine and will adapt to your schedule. Good luck.

20. This works marvelously!