Cat Litter...WHAT ???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Freakbro1, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Hey GC. I have been doin this for many years and have always had healthy plants,
    and have actually seen a difference on the grows I have done this with.
    I think its my secret, but theres probably some others who have dicked around
    with this too...Id like to hear from you about your observations.

Instead of using rocks or stones for the bottoms of my 5gals, for drainage, I use
    approx 1&1/2 to 2 inches of plain old unscented, untreated CLAY cat litter. Not
    the clumping kind or youre fucked. It allows propper drainage and retains a good
    amount of moisture for the plant. We all want our roots to hit bottom, right?
    This does it.

I also have, on certain grows, used the same kind cat litter in my soils in place
    of vermiculite/perlite. It still, cosmetically speaking, looks good too. It retains
    moisture much the same way as vermiculte/perlite. An added bonus here is that
    clay contains calcium and lime also.

Im not lookin for criticizm here and this thread doesnt have to go on for eternity.
    Just tellin y'all that it works awesome for me. Cheers.
    :smoking::wave::smoking:

2. #2 redwingsrock19, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
    Lmfao. And also I never new perlite retained water but from your words I'm a noob so what do I know. And I say it again your a joke. I'm dying over here reading your post. With you it's like the blind leading the blind.

3. Hahaha how a cat breaks in and shits all over

Hope it works, start a journal, I'll read it

4. you actually don't want to use anything that retains water. very important to let the plant dry out between watering/feeds....

5. [quote name='"Tihspeed"']Hahaha how a cat breaks in and shits all over

Hope it works, start a journal, I'll read it[/quote]
    It be some funny shit.... No pun intended.

6. thanks for sharing
    :yay:

7. i really do hope OP starts a journal though... i would love to have access to a cheaper way to grow... and new stuff is always fun

did you know you can germinate a seed in a grape? neither did i till i came here

8. My point exactly, the guy that knows everything doesn't even have a journal to show and is telling people to use cat litter to retain more moisture. Next he'll be telling you to smoke toothpaste and banana peels. Lmao @ this clownball.

9. a much better way to retain water is just dont put holes in your buckets,,,problem fixed:)

10. Hi redwingsrock19,
    Don't knock smoking banana peels until you've tried it like we did in the mid 60's in San Francisco.
    True Story: 1966 panhandle in San Francisco, on lunch break from trade school on Hayes Street we were taking a banana peel break when a local newspaper reporter came by with a photographer & interviewed us. Made the paper the next day, picture & all.

I smoked banana peels a couple of times just for laughs and never really got much out of it. At that time of great experimentation by some of my generation there was alot of different kinds of vegtable matter being ingested one way or another to try & find what worked.
    Cheers,
    bruce

11. #11 MiGrower2, Oct 10, 2011
    Hey Freak,
    Very interesting. I myself will be checking ingredients on cat litter next time I am at the store being the Good weed head I am. Also I ran out of "pea gravel" for my pots. I was looking for something different. This is Totally logical if one Thinks about it. Thanks.
    Have a Good Day. MG2:smoke:

12. Wheres your journal to prove that you know what your talkin about?Sounds like a good idea to me and a cheaper option to perlite/vermiculite

13. [quote name='"chefRa"']a much better way to retain water is just dont put holes in your buckets,,,problem fixed:)[/quote]

That is the worst idea ever. Bud rot for sure.

14. Perlite is for drainage not water retention. It cheap as fuck to. A giant bag for like 12 bucks at most hydro stores

15. Hey fuck you mayne, your a goof rat. Get the fuck out with your bull shit. "Your a joke"

Man, I have a strong feeling you'd be one of those people in real life that you just HAVE to fucking clock in the face.

16. [quote name='"exs"']

Wheres your journal to prove that you know what your talkin about?Sounds like a good idea to me and a cheaper option to perlite/vermiculite[/quote]

I never recommended any off the wall wild shit. You think cat litter is good as a mix for soil or coco? I don't have to prove anything to anyone... Mine are online just on other sites where there are lot less trolls/noobs. I never said I was a guru at growing but I guarantee you I know more, but it's not about measuring dicks. Funny how you guys think he's a guru for starting a pest thread... Lol you shouldn't even have pest to start with. I'm done with you trolls... No wonder why ppl bash grasscity cause of ppl like y'all. Noobs posse up over here. Sorry if I hurt your feelings...You guys must be real good friends ; )

17. #17 redwingsrock19, Oct 10, 2011
    [quote name='"08 BANSHEE"']

Hey fuck you mayne, your a goof rat. Get the fuck out with your bull shit. "Your a joke"

Man, I have a strong feeling you'd be one of those people in real life that you just HAVE to fucking clock in the face.[/quote]

Lol another troll from left field. And I gotta feeling your gay from the thread you posted. It's cool tho I don't hate on you pickle puffers. You should have rights too.

18. #18 OUtlAnDeR, Oct 10, 2011
    To be fair; while vermiculite does retain moisture you mentioned perlite as well. Perlite has water content however does not retain moisture very well.
    But it seems you guys have previous interactions so I'll just stay out of this one.
    Seems like it would work but I've never had a cat nor do I know what Kitty litter is made of. Lol

Cheers,

*quoted for ease, not sure who said what! :p *

19. I dont know the guy and I dont know you either but hes throwin out a few ideas at least.What do you think would be wrong with cat litter?Might hold too much moisture would need to check that out first before using it but other then that if its a cheaper option might help someone out.Go post your thoughts wherever you want not many restrictions on the internet.Dont worry about my feelings Im gettin a laugh off this:Ddid someone insult you here or somethin?Dont take it personally its the internet have a smoke and relax

20. [quote name='"OUtlAnDeR"']

To be fair; while vermiculite does retain moisture you mentioned perlite as well. Perlite has water content however does not retain moisture very well.
    But it seems you guys have previous interactions so I'll just stay out of this one.
    Seems like it would work but I've never had a cat nor do I know what Kitty litter is made of. Lol

Cheers,[/quote]

If you read his post.. he claims vermiculite/perlite retains water. I was being sarcastic I know what vermiculite and perlite is used for. This guy came off as a know it all and put others down without even knowing them. I can tell you how dumb he is and full of b.s by his posts. Just funny dealing with sheeple.