Cat ate some of my plant.. will she be ok?? please help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by XM177E2, Aug 25, 2009.

1. #1 XM177E2, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    I am a dumbass.. I accidently left the door opened to my grow room earlier. When I realized, I ran in to find that my cat had eaten some of the leaves. The plants are only about 4 leaf sets high, she ate one whole leaf blade and half of 3 others. I have read that marijuana plants are poisonous to cats, will she be ok?? I'm so worried about her :(

2. i thought you were asking if the plant would be ok!! i assume your kitty will be ok but i dont know 100%

3. i'm pretty sure your cat will be fine. He didn't ingest that much of the plant. I've never heard of em being poisonous to cats before, though. But i'm gonna assume she'll be okay.

As for the plant, if it's only 4 leaf sets tall, it was probably put through some shock, so just watch her closely too, but she should be okay as well

4. yeah it'l be fine.. as long as she didn't eat like 14gs lol

5. yeah, i'm no veternatian but I'm pretty sure she'll be fine. Maybe just a little high, if that.

6. She will be fine, its not poisionus to them. Where you here that at? above the influence? lol! My dog actually will grab entire branches with bud in the fall if i dont watch him when we go for our "walk" in the woods. he loves it, he even eats the fans when i trim, instant disposal, LOL!

7. I should have said "in before all the marijuana is gods gift to all creatures and cant hurt anything posts" it IS poisonous, google it.. it is a widely known fact that it is poisonous to cats, not propaganda. Not to mention I sprayed the plants with azamax yesterday, so that residue was probably on the leaves as well. :mad:

8. My plants are no where near THC production.. they are only 4 leaf sets high in veg. no THC whatsoever. I am more concerned about the leaves being poisonous... and the fact that I sprayed them with azamax yesterday

9. yeah dude, your cats fine, as long as your girls weren't flowering.

10. did your cat survive? lol

11. I'd be more worried about the reason your spraying azamax above all else.

12. #13 jackc, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
    If your worried. Your cat has azamax poisoning Dont ask MJ growers lol ring the customer service line and say hey you put this on some (random) plant and your cat ate some will he be fine.

I dunno about you but I thought that would be common sense. I really hope your cats fine have had been in the scare with my cats life oh and our family dog ate like 2 grams of cannabis in edibles the naughty dog stole them. Luckily the brownies had cannabis in them otherwise I don't think he would have lived he ingested a massive amount of cocoa that day

13. hmm...tough search...hard to find info....I looked, nothing in the first page of variations of the searchs had any reference of what study/info was used...

This link: Is marijuana toxic to cats? : has the author using her bias without any referencing materials, mixing toxic non-toxic as well as common house plant names without defining which is which , misusing and mixing science/facts/opinions/propaganda into one mishmash of bullshit (sure sign of misinformation and spin-ology/propaganda based on malicious intent, ignorance and bias)....but the comments have a good bit of people just telling their experiences, which seem to have common results, kitty will be ok.

(BTW, my own kitties ingested leafs from my plants all teh time, they had no ill effects, and lived 21 years in my care, they were big, vibrant, and vet was always impressed with their health...*sniff* I miss them, my little buddies...still get all teary eyed over their loss a few years ago [21 year old kitties, old age took them])

hope that eases your worries!!:D:wave:

give the kitty a scratch behind the ears for me...:smoke:

readers digest version:
    Common anecdotal evidence is that it is not going to harm a kitty to nibble on a little of the fan leaf material....even if kitty got some bud, it would just get minimal thc (not activated).
    Other forms of 'ingestion' is a topic no allowed on GC though (forcing a pet to get high is BAD/WRONG..grrr...I'll claw ya if you do it...:mad:)

14. You cat will be fine. Perfectly fine. The plants that are more poisonous to your cat is the cocoa bean and all lillies. So chocolate, garlic, onion, all very poisonous to cats. Poinsettia flowers, also deadly to cats.

But cannabis leaves? Nope, not poisonous at all. In fact, a lot of people who grow outdoors have trouble keeping animals off their plants. Rabbits, deer, all kinds of animals will snack on cannabis.

Whenever I tend to my indoor garden, my cat is right there trying to snack off a leaf. She's a stoner cat anyway. When I'll smoke up, she'll lay right in front of me. If I don't blow smoke in her direction, she'll give me this nagging meow until I do.

So long as you don't find your cat eating buds that are almost mature, then you'll be fine.

By the way, when I was sexing the last time, and I pulled my males, my cat helped me with cutting them up.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

15. egads!!!

that woulda scared the shit out me...hell, it scares me having Nutella in the house...my little buddy loves his peanut butter treats, I worry he will try to eat some Nutella should someone drop any.

yes, I care for my pets as if they are my adopted children..:eek:

16. [quote name='"cball"']

egads!!!

that woulda scared the shit out me...hell, it scares me having Nutella in the house...my little buddy loves his peanut butter treats, I worry he will try to eat some Nutella should someone drop any.

yes, I care for my pets as if they are my adopted children..:eek:[/quote]

Same here mate :)

17. Same here, i lovey dogs and cats as if they were my kids. 1 Time i came home from work 2 find my dog sparky licking a plate clean, before i left to work there was at least a 1/8th on the plate

18. Your cat will be fine my cats love to eat the fan leaves too.

• Like Like x 2