Case22's Coco LED Grow: NL n' LSD

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by case22, Apr 4, 2013.

1. #81 case22, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
    Whats up everybody

Hope all is well in everyone's gardens. I'm going out of town for the next week so I'm firing the drip back up, this time with store bought water to see if that makes a difference with the pH. I'm also switching to CNS17 Ripe to finish her off. I think I'll do 500ml per day at about 900ppm.

Sorry for the out of focus pics, I can never get the focus right with my glasses on.

5-9; day 39 12/12

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks all for now folks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey Case - photos aren't showing up.

3. #83 case22, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
    On it

Edit: Pics should be fixed.

4. Nom Nom Nom

5. Damn she is a healthy looking girl! Not a yellow leaf and some yummy sugar. Save those leaves for hash. Freeze them fresh and when you get $40 you don't know what to do with get some bubble bags from Amazon. She looks like an indica so the 45 micron bag shit will melt in your bowl. Not tellin' you what to do - just sayin.

6. :yummy:

Yeah she is my healthiest plant to date. I think I've got the hang of the base nutes, now I'd like to start looking into bloom enhancers as I'm just not getting the weight I'd like to be seeing from 135 watts of light.

I think I'm going to try the bubble bags. I've done QWISO but I like the idea of the screens over extraction. Is it a pain in the ass to collect?

7. I've never done QWISO but I don't think bubble bags are any more of a pain in the neck than most other methods though.

8. you could do dry ice hash and only have to buy a single bag instead of the whole set! It probably won't be full melt unless you use a smaller one, but if you use the 90 or 220 i think? you get a ton of kief

9. Whats up everyone.

So the new layout is a little shaky as of yet, but I'm sure it'll come around.

Just got in from vacation; I swear there most be little garden gnomes that go from house to house and try to fuck things up while people are out of town. I had to set up the drippers pretty fast as my departure day got bumped up a day (I tried to argue with the gf that I needed to spend a little time to get things right in the cab before I left, but damn, I have never seen a fire in her eyes like after I said that) First I set up the drippers the night before I was leaving, but I switched the timer for the pump from "On" straight to "Auto" without first going to "Off" so the timer was telling the pump to stay on until the next programmed "Off". Next morning; closet full of water. So I clean all that up, find something new to elevate the pots as the cardboard box I had been using was trashed (a plastic set of shelves and a shoebox to get the right height), and head out of town.

Get back after lights out, turn off all the lights in the room and open up the cab. At first I think I'm going insane because there is quite a bit of light coming from inside the cab; I had totally forgotten about the bright ass blue light on the front of my new circulation fan. Then I see the silhouette of my cock-assed plant leaning at about a 40 degree angle against the wall. The shoebox gave out once the drippers kicked on and loaded the poor box beyond its capacity. I don't think that caused too much trouble, but the plant does look a little lopsided from this recent round of training. However, once again I'm looking at a closet full of water from the plant draining now almost directly into the less than water tight shoebox.

Anyway, hope everyone had a good weekend, I did  :yay:

She is starting to stink so damn good too. Smells a little skunky in the house, like hot garbage from a few inches away, but if you pinch a bud, :yummy: whew! its strangely similar to Fruity Pebbles. Its almost difficult to type right now because I can't stop sniffing my finger and I'm home alone too

5/16; Day 46 12/12

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. She is still looking good case.  Have any idea how much longer you are going to take her?  I'm guessing 2-1/2 to 3 weeks.  Hope the water didn't do too much damage.  Damn I wish I could take pictures as nice as yours!

11. #91 case22, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
    Haha, thanks man. Yeah the pics aren't too bad, I cant figure out how to get a better depth of field on those macro shots though. I just use an old Cannon Rebel XT with the standard 18-55mm lens, but I also have a cheap set of lens tube extensions that allow for those close up macro shots. All they are hollow tubes that increase the distance between the camera body and the lens which reduces the minimum focus distance, but kills that damn depth of field.

From what I gather she is an 8-10 week (56 - 70 day) strain. My schedule is getting pretty tricky right about now though; I'm out of town M-F for the month of June. Which means I've got big gaps in my harvest window. I also need to come up with some way to dry and cure these buds from hundreds of miles away. Maybe a small box with an exhaust fan hooked to some sort of an outlet I can control remotely via the internet and a web cam monitoring RH.

My harvest options are:
    5/29;  Day 59 12/12;  1.5 Weeks Out
    5/31 - 6/2;  Days 61 - 63 12/12;  2 Weeks Out
    6/7 - 6/9;  Days 68 - 70 12/12;  3 Weeks Out

I'll probably chop her the weekend of the 7th. But then again I don't like my smoke to go too amber either. Guess only time and the 'scope will tell.

12. You could chop on a Sunday and then it shouldn't be too dry by the time you get back the next Friday.  If you have an air conditioned closet you can just hang them without air flow.  The air conditioning should keep the RH low enough to prevent mold.  That's how I dry in the warm weather.  You can always put one drop of water in the jar if they get too dry and that will bring them back nicely.  Also if you leave a lot of stem on that will slow down the drying.  Just a suggestion - you know your situation better than I do.

13. ya if you're not able to check on her for a week, then i would chop her at the base and dry whole. Its the best way to do it anyway imo. When you wet trim it dries unevenly and fast making for harsh smoke even after curing. You could take off the fan leaves earlier too as long as all the cuts heal before you chop. When I wet trim I get the nasty hay smell. Plus if you do it this way it most likely won't over dry. I'm not sure if it will take exactly seven days for you though. I think ideally for this you want no light, temps around 65-70 and like 40-60% humidity. Also light airflow but not directly on the buds.

Check out this thread, I found this after researching and finding a more extensive one on ICmag but that thread got deleted or something. 
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1107107-perfect-dry-more-important-than-good-cure-here-how-do.html

14. Lookin good case! Here's a thread you might want to check out: http://www.rollitup.org/harvesting-curing/514841-perfect-cure-every-time.html
    It talks about using a caliber II hygrometer when you cure to make sure your jars are within optimal RH. In my experience it has definetly helped out.
    I'm about to chop mine down at 80 days flower.. went a little longer than I planned but some parts just did not look finished -- most likely because the CFLs didn't penetrate evenly. I'll be sure to post some pics when it's all over.

• Like Like x 1
  15. So, after three years without a visit, my land lord is getting new insurance for the house and is thus doing an inspection of the entire property. :eek:  :cry:

Operation Clean and Sweep in a go.

Harvest shots soon to come.

16. #96 case22, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    Here she is before I took her down, Man I wish I could have given her another 1-2 weeks, she was just starting to get that cougar look to her.

5/24; Day 55 12/12

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Looks like a strong pheno. Well good job and sorry u had to take her down.

Sent from device_name using Grasscity Forum App

• Like Like x 1
  18. <sup>Harvest Shots, I think I'll water cure these buds so I don't have to worry about it while I'm away. I've never done it before so who knows how this will turn out. It seems people are saying that you only get about 15% of wet weight after a water cure but that the smoke is great... I'll trade weight for overall quality any day. </sup>

<sup>[​IMG]</sup>

<sup>[​IMG]</sup>

[​IMG]
    <sup> </sup>
    <sup>[​IMG]</sup>

<sup>[​IMG][/URL</sup>

<sup>
    [​IMG]</sup>
    <sup> </sup>
    <sup>[​IMG]</sup>

<sup>[​IMG]</sup>
    <sup> </sup>
    <sup>[​IMG]</sup>

<sup>[​IMG]</sup>

<sup>[​IMG]</sup>

<sup>[​IMG]</sup>

<sup> [​IMG]</sup>

<sup> </sup>

• Like Like x 4
  19. Vapeing her now. So far a nice relaxed body stone with a somewhat spaced out, alert head high. Really can't complain with this smoke. So it won't be as polished as it could have been, but this is still some great happy-can't-stop-grinning smoke.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Looks nice and frosty!!

• Like Like x 1