Cartridge labeling/organization

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Rynn01, Apr 17, 2018.

1. I’m curious as to how you keep up with which cartridge is which. I usually have about 3 strains that I’m using, and usually I just remember which is which by looks. Recently it seems like everyone has switched to the CCELL type, so they all look the same. I’ve been trying to figure out how to label the cartridge and using a sharpie on the metal part kinda works but it could be better. It’s hard to be neat and it can rub off. So, how do you keep up with what you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If it was like that for me, I would use a piece of scrap paper and do 1 line equates to xxxx flavor/strain, two lines equate to yyy starin, etc. Then put a sharpie mark on the cartridge.
    Example:
    | = Gorilla Glue
    || = Thin Mints
    ||| = ZkittleZ

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I bought some small Avery labels at my local store. They are perfect for labeling cartridges.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I just have a bunch of batteries. I keep the sativa in my white pen, my indica in my black pen, and various other cartridges in various pens (which I write down what goes in what). I think I have it down to just two cartridges now. I have 60% - 80% Sour Diesel (sativa), and 60% - 80% Pink Predator (indica dominant hybrid) (I have tried many others, but those two do the trick).

I was on the 80%ers but I’m gonna go down to 60% again. When I stop getting a buzz at an 80% cartridge it’s time to take things down a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. I keep original packaging and put them Back in it when I switch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Can you give me the product number or more info about the size, etc?

• Like Like x 1
  7. ICGreen - That's similar to what I've been doing. I use a sharpie to write the abbreviation of the strain on the metal part of the cartridge. The problem with that is,that sharpies apparently aren't permanent on the metal or clear part of the cartridge. Who knew? I did buy a metalic gold paint pen that stayed on better, but the tip is to big for me to legibly read it. Maybe I can find a finer point one.

emptybowl - Thanks for replying! I picked some of those up and they peel off so easily! Do you have this problem? I wonder if I could find some that aren't not removable, if that would make a difference? Do you have the peeling off problem?

acstorfer - Thanks for replying! I can use the batteries to keep them straight at times. My problem comes in when I start switching them out when going out of the house. I have a Contour 2 that fits in my palm which makes it handy for driving or when I'm waiting on my kids to finish whatever activity they're doing that day.
    I hear you concerning the %age and staying with mostly the same strains. My tolerance seems to stay up where I need at least 70%. Sometimes I will get a lower % if it's a strain/brand that I really enjoy the taste of. My 2 favorite indicas are grape ape and G-13 and I almost always choose them when they're available. Dispensaries just switch product too often for me. One of my main stores had G-13 all the time, forever, and they've quit carrying the brand and I can't find a cartridge anywhere close by now.

CBDBurner - Thanks for replying! I'm giving that a try now, since I only have 2 "active" carts I'm using. I'm finding it to be a pain, honestly. Which is weird since I insist on saving every package I buy.You would think that would be my perfect solution, but I'm afraid that I'm not disciplined or organized enough for this to be my solution. Wish I was though. I'm used to keeping mine on my nightstand in a small container, like the top of air freshener or hairspray. That way they stay upright and in the tubes so many of them come in, just in case of leakage. I like that I can just whip it in my drawer in case the kids come in or when the cleaners come.

At least it doesn't seem like I'm missing an obvious solution that everyone knows! Would love to see more ideas, I know I can't be the only one who struggles with this. You would think the manufacturers would want to label their products, since it is so easy to confuse them; but I haven't found one yet that does. Anyone have ideas as to why this is? ​

8. Rynn01, I haven't had a problem with labels peeling, and I've had some for years. My cartridges never leave the house and never go in my pocket, so that might be the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My sister uses the joint tubes with tape on the outside of them then writes the name on the tape