Cartoon planet

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by RVD420RVD, Sep 1, 2012.

1. For those unfamiliar with Cartoon Planet, it's an hour long block of shows on cartoon network that includes shows like Johnny bravo, cow and chicken, dexters laboratory, powerpuff girls and so on. It is absolutely THE SHIT to blaze up and watch the shows of my youth.

2. Haven't heard of it,It'll bring back memories though :)

3. [quote name='"IamToasted"']Haven't heard of it,It'll bring back memories though :)[/quote]

Definitely check it out man

4. Hell yeah I was excited as fuck when I heard about it. Now every friday after work when it comes on I light up and watch my childhood favorites :D Don't forget they play Foster's Home as well.

5. [quote name='"Quagsire"']Hell yeah I was excited as fuck when I heard about it. Now every friday after work when it comes on I light up and watch my childhood favorites :D Don't forget they play Foster's Home as well.[/quote]

Fosters is the shit as well. Got a chance to watch that last night :)

6. I didn't know such a thing existed! I'll have to check it out.

I was watching some Courage the Cowardly Dog last night.

Miss those times.

7. [quote name='"Spyder"']I didn't know such a thing existed! I'll have to check it out.

I was watching some Courage the Cowardly Dog last night.

Miss those times.[/quote]

Most definitely my dude. One of the few good things cartoon network has done in the last 6 years or so.

8. It definitely shows how much shit Cartoon Network has stuffed up their cocks to take away all the great shows we watched in our young days and replace them with the garbage that's on their current programming. Don't get me wrong, there are in fact a few choice cuts that are on today (Adventure Time and Regular Show being the only two I can name off the top of my head), but the majority of it is garbage. I really hope they keep this block running for many years to come.

9. [quote name='"Dirty Bongwater"']It definitely shows how much shit Cartoon Network has stuffed up their cocks to take away all the great shows we watched in our young days and replace them with the garbage that's on their current programming. Don't get me wrong, there are in fact a few choice cuts that are on today (Adventure Time and Regular Show being the only two I can name off the top of my head), but the majority of it is garbage. I really hope they keep this block running for many years to come.[/quote]

Ya dude for sure! And regular show is the shit even been getting into adventure time latley. Gumball is also a show I really like. But besides those 3, they don't have anything.

10. Eh, personally I can't stand Gumball. I don't know why... even high as fuck the show just kinda bores me. I prefer the humor in Adventure Time and Regular Show.

11. [quote name='"Dirty Bongwater"']

Eh, personally I can't stand Gumball. I don't know why... even high as fuck the show just kinda bores me. I prefer the humor in Adventure Time and Regular Show.[/quote]

Alot of people say that and I don't know why I like it way more than adventure time.

12. [quote name='"The Incredible"']Mojo Jojo![/quote]

Hope to see you Friday mojo. Gonna watch them powerpuff girls muff you up.

13. Hope you guys got your weed out for tonight.

14. what time does it come on

15. #16 RVD420RVD, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    [quote name='"The Incredible"']what time does it come on[/quote]

Not exactly sure sure where up in the clouds is located but 45 minutes to answer your question :)

Edit: son of a bitch! Scratch that :( it doesn't seem to be on this week. The last 5 months they've been doing it and I've only seen it not air once besides tonight. Sorry to get your hopes up.

16. Sounds awesome.
    I'm glad to see that the network executives are starting to get on that nostalgia tip. Nickelodeon's 90's Are All That has been brilliant so far, I just wish Disney Channel would follow Viacom and CN's lead because there exists an absolute fuckload of good "classic" Disney channel shows, cartoons and DCOM's.

I also wish the Canadian divisions of these networks would broadcast that shit.
    It's tough to find links online, you gotta do some serious surfing.
    It's about time, and I'm sure there is a good chunk of money to be made in this territory, I mean what other motivation do these execs need?

17. That's what I'm saying

18. Hope I spread the word to some people.

19. I know that feel bro, but unfortunately for us, although we grew up with Nick, CN, and Disney, they did not grow up with us. They are still predominantly focused on children's programming and the fact of the matter is kids today don't care about shows we watched. We're just not their demographic anymore.

They don't see profit in rerunning cancelled shows because advertisers want new content. I believe CN only did this for it's anniversary and Nick, to promote it's DVDs that are finally coming out. Hell Disney settles for bastardizing it's classic shorts with modern music. But Nick has the right idea with DVDs. Nostalgia is indeed kicking in, but it's not as profitable on TV as home video. And even that's arguable as CN will tell you.