Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cars That Get Pulled Over

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tokebowls99, May 13, 2014.

1. So I was just wondering today what kind of cars cops look to pull over. Well as in when they follow you because you drive a ghetto rape van or something. I also heard this other stat that red cars are the more likely to get pulled over then any other colored car. So what kind of cars get pulled over more, such as convertible, trucks, vans...

#ass&grass

2. Cars that break the law and draw attention.

Its all about being inconspicuous.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. aside from traffic violations, shitty cars with a bunch of teenagers. wearing hoods or fitted hats too.

4. Anything suspicious. Red does draw more attention than let's say a white car. Broken tail lights, head lights, pretty much anything that would give probable cause to pull over and investigate. Don't forget expired registrations too

5. this.

also cars that stand out.  Like you're driving a brand new AMG benz the cops will watch you a little more than someone in a 2005 impala.  the red cars thing is probably true to some extent because red is one of the colors that stands out the most to the human eye, but I drove a red cutlass for a year and never got pulled over.  but I've driven a silver cavalier for over 2 years and I've been pulled over like 4 times.  (a lot of that has more to do with the situations I put myself in, but...)

also cars that have big dents or damage like they've been in an accident will almost always get followed or get their plates run just to see if they've been in a hit and run or anything like that.

6. The 5-0 loves to follow anyone with out of state plates.

They also can see if your registration is expired by scanning your plates with those new readers so make sure your paperwork is in order.

7. the light over your license plate is a killer too, because most people dont know if theirs is shot and you will get pulled over for it

8. #8 Old School Smoker, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    I used to drive a 1965 chevy impala lowered to the ground. Cheech marin would be in the passenger seat, smoking a blunt and I would have the song "lowrider" blasting through the stereo. Bumperstickers would say things like "fuck the pig police" and "legalize weed" and "you want (unmentionable)? just ask me".  I was always crusin the blvd real slow stoned outta my mind, and for the life of me, just could not figure out why the cops always red lighted me. Maybe it was because i would show off the hydrolics at a red light. The blood leaking out of the trunk did not help either.

9. Too many variables are involved with identifying cars. Of course besides breaking a law or looking f'd up:

1) Having 4 - 5 people in a car is very conspicuous.
    Especially when they all are wearing heavy jackets, hoodies, and fitted caps. Too many people also can lead to easy RS or PC because people can't keep their story straight.

2) People who go out of their way to AVOID police.

I either give a friendly wave to troopers or even literally pull up to the town cop down the road and see how he's doing. I ask him how his shift is going and even silly questions like "What does the computer say about me?". He doesn't suspect a thing because I'm not high, drunk, and don't smell like a skunk.

3) Having a dirty car is also a slight hint. Especially full of fast-food bags.

It has been statistically proven that poor areas have more crime and drug use. This is something the officer will most likely articulate.

4) How you appear.

If you are going to your dealer in pajamas at 8pm you will prolly be screwed. If you have dreadlocks you will also be screwed. If you have any 4/20 bumper stickers you will be screwed. It's best to have a small story set. I'd recommend wearing your work clothes so if you get pulled on the highway you can say you are going to your girlfriends, home, or to drop some keys off at work.

5) Go.

Lets be honest, the quicker you get home the safer you will be. Many people make the mistake of driving around longer than they need to when they are carrying.

However:

6) Scheduling.

This is sort of along the lines of (5) but will need you to be cool with your dealer. Have a set time you will meet him (either once or twice a week) and visit him. Don't smoke. Just hang out, get to know him and shoot the shit. After a good amount of time head out.
    Cars that drive by can determine if someone is family or a friend. Police will prolly not suspect you of anything if you hang out instead of just visiting for 1 minute.

Also:

7) Impeccable timing: Shift Changes.

6, 10, 12 are the times when officers are about to get on duty and when the others are getting off. Cool thing is, cops don't just sit in the car for 12 straight hours, they must fill out paperwork before ending shift. Therefore there is a time frame that there will be less Town Officers on the road. This time frame is around 15 minutes before the shift change.

So, you get off at 5pm and want to re-up? Get to your dealers house by 5:50pm. Get it and Go. Hopefully you live nearby.

10. The entire post above me is great, especially the part about shift changes.  Probably the absolute best time to pick up is between 5:30-6:15 PM.  One is for the shift changes noted above, towards the end of their shift is when cops are less likely to give a shit about you because they're tired and want to go home. The other is because of rush hour, yes you will get around slower but the cops also have way more shit they need to watch out for.

Really though, there are two big things, both have already been said but I will repeat for empthasis, that you need to do.

1:Don't drive like a fucking retard or act shifty.
    2: Make sure ALL of your shit is in order.  Headlights, taillights, license plate, mirrors, windows. EVERYTHING.  Inspect every car you have never been in before you get in. If you're going to go pick up weed in that car or something and there is something wrong with it, do not get in.  Call somebody  to come pick you up if you have tor. If you have weed on you but the driver gets pulled over cause of a fucked up taillight or something. He's only getting a ticket, you're going to jail, remember that.

I keep my shit in order, the last and only time I've ever been pulled over was 3 years ago and it was because I made an illegal turn to head to the hospital quickly after getting a text about my sister being brought there. He was sympathetic when I told him why I did it, but still gave me the ticket anyway. Never searched me but I didn't have weed on me anyway.

I can only further stress about getting in any car with it's shit wrong.  A long time ago(almost 10 years now), I got in a car with a friend who had a broken taillight with a quarter on me. I learned greatly from my mistake and have since never repeated it.  Sorry if I come off as lecturing, but I don't want to see anybody repeat my mistake.

11. I feel like if you don't look like a hood rat drug addict and your car doesn't smell like weed, and you play it cool, the cop would never even know you had weed in the car. Unless they're part of the K-9 unit. I think it's protocol for the K-9 unit to let their dogs sniff your car if they pull you over.

12. Don't bump the tunes so loud.

And you should be more like this whenever you are riding:

[​IMG]

:laughing::

:smoke:

13. Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I wonder how many LEOs or DEA read these threads......

15. It's not really anyone type of car. They look for the stupid "legal" reason to pull you over. Make sure all you cars lights and things like that are working properly. No cracks in windows, dark tint. I got pulled over ( I live in college town ) around 7 pm for having a lisence plate light bulb Burt out. First question he asked was if I was drunk. No sir, heading to the bar now.

Only the ones that are stoners, so probably like a million

17. I've never had to deal with my town cops, or even my county sheriff's deputies, it's always the staties who get me.

As a result I stay off the highway as much as possible.

18. #1 rule. DO NOT make eye contact with cops.
    Just drive by like you dont even see them

my car  :hide:

20. #20 Jmosley, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    Being an illegal driver, I make a point to do just the opposite honestly. I quick nod and smile or subtle wave is what most cops get from me. Edit. It kind of goes with the guy who posted not to obviously avoid them. Making a sudden turn because you see one in front or behind you will give them reason to suspect you are dodging. I have a rule that has resulted in many gallons of wasted gas, never turn when a cop is behind you. It stems from being pulled over (while licensed and insured) because he thought I was dodging him but the truth was that I lived in a tucked back dead end that required a few quick turns to get to.

Feel free to bash me for the next confession I'm a big boy and know I'm wrong. After 24+ driving while suspended charges and quite a handful of no insurance citations I fully believe the car doesn't matter as long as it is legal. All lights, tint not too dark, tags, no massive damage to windshield etc.. Aggressive driving, even if not speeding is an eye grabber for police. Any ticket I've received was the result of a stupid decision I made behind the wheel. Drive like you have a brain and check your lights on a regular basis. Even the license plate light isn't hard to check. Fire the car up, turn lights on and make a walk around while it warms up. There is not a light on any of my cars that I can not check by myself. Brake lights are a bit trickier but still far from impossible.

If you have a strong desire to not be pulled over, IME it's not that hard. I'm a slow learner obviously but even my brain dead ass figured out.. Don't give them any reason and 99% of the time they won't stop you. 13 years of driving I've had only 1 stop for absolutely no reason. "need to show my boss I am doing something" but even then he was kind enough to let me park it and walk home.