Cars over 250HP?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by NeverMistakeMe, Oct 14, 2014.

1. I'm looking for a new car to buy. Right now I have an automatic 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE, and even with a rotted cat this thing still moves with it's 222HP FWD.
    Needless to say i want something new that I can put money into.
    I want a used car that is under 7500$ that has above or around 250HP.
    I have been looking at the Mitsubishi Eclipse, which has around the same HP as my vehicle. I think the Evo Lancer is a badass car but all the used ones being sold are modded and stuff so it's all really expensive.

Any recommendations?
    I plan to add body kit, lower, louder/high performance exhaust, interior customization including adding leather/LED's/head unit/steering wheel, custom subwoofers, custom dash, and maybe eventually a turbo and other engine mods.

Question, can an anti lag system be added to the stock evo turbo?

(and if you didn't understand what I just said, it basically means that I am scared of speed bumps)

2. Eclipses are crap and Evos are slow. I've owned both and they couldn't hold a candle to my S13, which was thousands cheaper than the Evo and 10x more reliable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Those generation maximas are really nice. I had a 2002 maxima SE. Smooth as fuck and has good amount of power. Even when I floored it, couldn't hear the engine. Loved it.

4. My eclipses and talons would monkeyfuck your garbage ass a13

5. OP,

Talons/eclipses are they way to go for cheap power and good looks. HOWEVER, too many punk Kidd buy them and destroy them, patch them, and sell them.

If you go for the DSMSs, there's a ton of things you have to look for before you give up the cash.

6. [​IMG]

It made 400+HP when I sold it, never lost a race once.

7. SR or KA? Ever have any rocker arm issues?

8. And OP, the US maximas made 190 crank. Swapping the JDM intake would put it closer to the 220 mark. Honestly, I'd just keep the maxima and run like 6psi on a medium sized turbo like a T28 or 16g

9. Any bugeye - hawkeye WRX can be had for that price range which is what I always recommend to new and veteran tuners.

Those EJ series engines can handle ridiculous amounts of power and you can swap out for an STi tranny for the extra torque

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 Talon, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Blob eye STi or GTFO Lol :)

Black with bronze wheels

11. how bout an old SC300. you can build up almost anything you wanted. boost an Integra. buy an old Camaro or Disgustang and build it up. you have many options with. or, or, find an old Datsun 510 and SRBoost that bitch.

12. or sc400/ls400! 1uz ftw

13. SR20, my brother had a KA Hicas 240 and they felt like completely different cars. I never had any mechanical issues, but I knew how to treat it right the guy I sold it to blew it up almost instantly.

14. #14 STilladelph, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    oh I agree 100% but those cannot be had in running condition for 7k lol.

This was my suby before I sold it

Dyno pull during the E85 tune
    http://youtu.be/CBL98yVKmxo

Attached Files:

15. Get somthing rwd and stop playing around....

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

16. With IRS unless you don't like turning worth a damn Lol. Log rears are cool for drag, but hit a bump or something, and it upsets the whole rear end.

17. i could buy alot of fun for seven thousand dollars! maybe a mildly built Cressida.

i like older cars. American or import...

maybe a Mr. Two... heavy boost.

18. ever considered a Dodge SRT4? ive seen some really fast SRT4. i ont consider them a Neon because the nonlything "Neon" about it is the body. everything else is built better.

19. Don't think a RWD can't take a curve, Nurburgring top is full of rear wheel drives. I don't know what your talking about upsetting the whole rear end either... Posi trac came out dinosaur ages ago

I had this camaro v6 I swear that thing was a damn gtr in a corner much turn

20. RWDs turn 1000x better than FWD. I wouldn't even drive a FWD car than someone gave me for free.