Carolina Reaper

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Vee, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Cheer's for the read Mr:metal:, it's somewhere between temperature fluctuations & poor pollination. Really don't think it's a water problem or a nutrient issue either, pretty sure it's La Nina fkn around with temperature swings.

What you got growing atm Mr?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Currently have 4 GG4 autos with 2 15 litre patio/tiny tomatoes 2 scraggily reapers one with no flowers that survived last years season, and a new born 3ft tall with 3-4 young chilies attached

+ 16 thc bomb autos about 2 weeks old Im cheating putting them under a 600w hps about 1.2m away
    but I had them under an old school 400w Mh today,

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I moved the Reaper plants back outside just in time for a cool snap after keeping them inside for the winter. I’m about to start a new round of seeds as well.

4. Hey there Mr, Digga's terrified doing the deed:eek:... all chillies are to hot for me and I did grow Habanero's once and fk me:confused:.

Not much fruit still, but at least I now have seeds for next spring.
    IMG_20220511_142448.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. i honestly think your issue is the store bought seedlings mate , i had same thing couple years back buying all seedling transplants , got um home full of bugs first time ,then tried another spot and found that even in the earth bed same stuff,then the next year i just popped seeds and no problem,then again my winter is only a couple weeks long and the plants i grow are very use to nothing but texas rain , called a water hose.
    i just started some about 2 weeks ago and had more germ than i really wanted ,but i still need to get them out of starter tray into cups ,that will cull a lot of them,but the strongest survive.
    im convinced that these nursery grow in green house plants are super feed toxic chemicals imo and that has something to do with the outcome, the second thing is there grown in difrent envorment ,there is a big huge difrence than green house in north texas compared to south texas weather ,huge .
    so i think starting every thing from seed works best,might be a slower process ,but it is gardening,i save all my own seeds from my garden,it to easy to do so,also cost effective.
    5 bucks a plant of any kind this year ,so i broke down and wanted to try something new,bought seeds from gurney ,suprised the crap out of me on the germ rate

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Just looking at these I burnt my eyes

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. I’m only getting a few small jalapeños as somebody I give them to likes them picked little. These other habanero and Reapers are growing along slow.

8. I’m really looking forward to stepping my pepper game up this year with a variety.

• Like Like x 2
  9. currently growing 'king-sweet' a huge nasty looking chilli but taste is like celery, already won a few bets
    got me money back ...lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. We grow reapers every summer, wife dehydrates them, grinds them into fine powder, then infuses the powder into dark chocolate, then...tops Caramel candies with the chocolate...sells them for a buck a piece[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. I still have some Monterey Jack cheese with Jalapeno, habanero & C. reaper, it lasts! Makes you say WHOOO a lot & sweat bullets for an hour, just the way I like. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  12. & eating 1 will burn your red eye. :eek:;)

• Funny Funny x 2