Carlo's Organic Tent of Redemption

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CarloMarx, Aug 14, 2012.

1. If I had her moved a little more towards the center and equally under both lights, I have no doubt that she would completely dominate the tent. I'm trying to keep her to her side but she aint listenin!

I don't mind a bit! Glad to have you around. We should be seeing some flowers here soon. And on that note, I did find pistils on the Sage yesterday so it shouldn't be too much longer.

2. I am still faced with a dilemma, guys. If the Blue Widow doesn't pick things up, I'm gonna be real tempted to give her the axe. I know this is my grow and I make the decisions blah blah blah. But what do you guys think? Right now this is what my situation is looking like: grow the Sage under both lights and maximize yield to its maximum potential or keep things the way they are, share the light, and have one high yielder + one low yielder (unless things change for the better).

:confused_2:

3. Its kinda like trying to decide which pet to give away after having them for a long time...just flat out sucks. IMO, both plants look beautiful so I would probably end up keeping both to finish. Thats just me though.;)

4. I would probably be tempted to SIP the sage out by itself in there and flip it sooner next time to run it with the bw, you can just take some cuttings - then axe her and keep the cuttings around so you don't have to feel like it was a wasted effort. Then again if you think you can fit them both in there I say go for it, but from the looks of things that SAGE is going to fill the tent out after changing the light schedule.

5. Keep them both.
    My stepsons never got along, but I wasn't gonna kill one. (wanted to)
    They are both worthy of this grow, maybe not the next.;)
    Just tell them to play nice. :D

6. Hey Carlo,

I tend to give the best producers the best light position, too, but that may be counterproductive, since the weaker plants would do better with more light - usually...maybe - it's hard to make that a blanket statement. :confused:

I am constantly turning and repositioning my plants here or there to try and give every blade the most possible light exposure.

In your case, time will tell whether both girlz can share the space and be healthy, and the way that Sage is cranking, you won't have to wait long to find out. :D

See ya...

7. Seriously guys, you don't know how much I value your input. I'm gonna go ahead and hold off on making any hasty decisions and try to practice a little patience. I would consider taking cuttings from the BW if I wasn't closing up shop for about a month over the holidays. I'll be doing too much traveling to commit to anything during that time. So I'm afraid this run is for stash only. After the holidays end and everything settles down, I am going to try my hand at taking some (Dark Lord) clones that I can grow out over (next) summer.

We'll see how things go over the next week or so. I keep getting the feeling that the BW isn't happy for some reason, but I can't really pin down why.

I'm not so good at this whole patience thing, so thanks again for the guidance.

Enjoy some tunes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPXJXxfauis]Ben Howard - Black Flies (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

8. #108 CarloMarx, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    Carlo on the Hunt:

A few days ago as I was showering my girls with their daily dose of love, I met eyes (I'm sure of it) with a little black creature that I have never seen inside or outside of the grow tent. Curious, I patiently waited, observed, and managed to sneak a peek at the tiny black dot that was very much alive through my scientific-grade Dollar General magnifying glass. Calmly, the little dot with legs continued on in his mysterious pursuits meandering about on the foliage that I care so much about. I quickly contemplated my options as if I knew the true and evil intentions of my soon-to-be nemesis: kill or be killed (by heartbreak if tragedy of any kind were to befall my beloved green girls). With the precision of a true stoner, I went in for a quick kill, aiming my man-pincers at the seemingly unknowing pest. AH! The little dot jumped to a lower branch and scurried off, surely boasting about his cat-like reflex, to a branch or leaf set that was unknown to me. At this point, the hunter reluctantly conceded, taking into account the density of the canopy and its many nooks and crannies. The first stalk was lost, but the hunt had just begun. "I don't know what you are, but gatdammit I don't like bugs in my tent." Could there be a better justification for the death of an unknown life form?

Today, I, the hunter, opened the tent with much excitement: it was 7:30, the lights had come on, and the fictional cows were heading home. Like clockwork, I began gazing with eyes almost overflowing with tears of sheer affection at the two plants I have come to love. In the most delicate, unheard, completely inaudible way they requested their daily dose of love. BUT WAIT! "There he is--out there sun-bathing like he owns my tent and my artificial sun. I'll have his ass this time!" This time, with super-stoner-like precision, I made a hasty grab with my man pincers attempting to squish the witty creature enjoying a fucking rendezvous, resulting in a miss that rattled the entire canopy of the plant. Safely making his way back into the dense foliage, I could sense the boastful nature of this little black beast. He had won again.

But a true hunter does not quit. I went in for one last peek and BAM! There he was exploring my thermometer/hygrometer, my man-made terrain. Relying solely on my genetic native-American reflexes, I grabbed that damn instrument and pulled it out of the tent. He tried to pull his tricks but he was in my territory now, out of the tent and onto the floor. Taking into account the feelings of his relatives, I quickly and humanely ended his life with one swift blow. At that very moment, I sensed the most delicate, unheard, completely inaudible praise from my girls. Poking my head back into the tent I reassured both the Sage and Blue Widow that "we got him."

Again, peace and prosperity returned to the Organic Tent of Redemption.

9. Been a while since I got wrapped up in a post like that one...you got a gift there Carlo.

10. KILLLER:mad:

11. Thanks, man. I thought I'd try to give you guys a little entertainment. I love to write but I typically don't stuff like this. It seemed like a worthy story so I went for it!

Sorry, SG. I take no chances with bugs once they've found their way into the garden. I still have no clue what this little critter was, but my best google research yielded some information that suggested it might feed on stems. No thanks!

12. Heya Carlo...:wave:...looking good in here man!

I would also suggest keepin them both..variety is the spice...
    BW has to be great smoke...

Haven't had the straight sage, but sage n sour is incredible..
    Following along brother..

13. Just fookin with ya, Carlo.
    When I find a bug pickin food outta his teeth with a toothpick.
    Safe to say, that was his last meal. Die fooker die:D

14. #114 CarloMarx, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
    Hey there, brother Ed. The tentative plan is to keep them both but the Blue Widow sure does have some growing to do if she wants to compete for equal light.

I've heard from multiple people that Sage is in their top five smokes of all time. Glad to hear that you dig the SnS! If I like this one enough I might have to give that a try.

Glad to have you along.

I figured, but you never know who is gonna give you shit for killing bugs. Outside of the tent my motto is live and let live (unless its hunting season of course) but inside I am ruthless. You know the drill.

Speaking of hunting, TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF BOW SEASON! Sadly, I won't hit the woods until Friday morning. Can barely get to sleep I'm so excited.

EDIT: I even decided to make deer tacos to celebrate the occasion. They were so good I forgot all about the frosty beer sitting right next to me while I devoured them.

15. I've got a good friend who has never been truly "medicated" before and would like to see what its like. I decided that she will get the best treatment that any first time smoker has ever gotten. We'll be using my new bubbler and smoking my last prized nug from my Skunk #1. She might turn to the dark side :devious:

New glass (I call it the smoke stack):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I just can't can't get enough of this plant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Sage and Lavender :yummy: sounds like an herb garden - oh wait it is :smoke: love the piece btw :bongin: that thing is hardcore for a bubbler. It probably rips :metal:

18. Hey Carlo,

She's certainly a healthy little hefer! I see the Blue Widow peeking in on the edges. Beginning to understand why you were thinking of pulling her out and giving the whole tent over to the Sage. :D

Is the Sage showing pistils, yet? Should be about time, eh?

See ya...

19. I'm actually growing the lavender and chamomile so I can dry them out and use them for teas and others things. I guess it is an herb garden, just a kickass one with cannabis ;)

That bubbler will rip your insides (in a good way) if you're not careful. It's the smoothest glass I've ever hit and when you take a rip you've got to be conscious of that fact. It makes you takes much larger hits than you think you are taking. Pair that with some bud that has some hardcore expansion in the lungs and you've got danger on your hands :smoke:

That she is, papa. She's actually surprised me quite a bit with the leveling out of the canopy in the last couple days. I've been hands off on her from day 1 and I think she is beautiful because of it. Compared to her little sister, she is definitely the alpha female. Still contemplating giving her the spotlight :devious:

And yes, she is starting to show more pistils every day--the kind that are long and thick. In any case, she seems to still be doing it slowly, taking her time cranking out massive fan leaves instead. But it's flower time dammit! Give me flowers!

Give 'er another week or so and she'll be starting on some bud formation. She still has 10 weeks to get her groove on before I have to think about chopping.

20. Hey Carlo,

:D Patience, my man. In the end, you'll be thankful for this time she spent developing her root system and those massive solar panels. That's organic horsepower, baby!

See ya...