Carlo's Organic Tent of Redemption

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CarloMarx, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Let's hope we can improve a little bit this time around! Glad to have you here, Mashiro. It's looking like things are going to get fun!

Papa, this SIP has blown my mind. The growth on this plant is just astounding--vigorous and dense as can be.

This picture was actually taken after the 24 hour dark period so both plants are now officially on a flowering schedule. Hold on to your hats!

Sorry for the picture quality. My girlfriend forgot to snag her D3000 for me this weekend so I won't get to use it until next weekend. I'll still be posting a full picture update tonight or tomorrow though. Stay tuned folks!

2. As promised, I am here with a complete picture update for you Blades and Bladies. Over the last week I really haven't done anything...at all. The biggest highlight of this week was flipping the switch to 12/12 and finding roots in the reservoir of the SIP. Other than that, I water, gaze, and try to fight my lack of patience. As I think I've mentioned earlier, this grow is characterized by a unique mixture of boredom and amazement, if that makes sense.

As the pictures below will clearly show, the Sage has definitely overtaken the Blue Widow in terms of growth. She is beginning to take over the entire tent! I'd like to transplant the Blue Widow soon so she can stretch her legs a bit and catch up to her rival, but I'm not sure if I have enough room!

I'm sitting here trying to think of something to say, but I'm out of literary ammo. I'll let the picture speak for themselves. Bear with me, as I took these pictures with a camera that I am unfamiliar with. Next week will be hi-res, I promise!

End of Week 6/Start of 12/12

Not so good picture of the Blue Widow
    [​IMG]

A closer look at the top of the canopy
    [​IMG]

Sippin' Sage
    [​IMG]

Canopy
    [​IMG]

Tent Hog
    [​IMG]

Group Shot
    [​IMG]

3. Hey Carlo,

Both those girlz look fabulous! You can tell the Sage is outpacing the Widow, but they both have tight conformation, rich color, and great leaf shape. It's easy to imagine the fat, dense budz they are going to produce.

Nice work! :hello:

SIP boredom...it's a killer! If it weren't for the amazing results, I'd say to hell with these SIPs! I was having fun before you came along. :p

See ya...

4. Well guys, nothing much to report here. I'm getting excited for flowering to begin so I figured I'd post one of my favorite shots I've taken during this time of the grow cycle.

I've also attached a little sample of what I've been working on. I still need to lay down a bass line and spice the lead guitar riff up in the chorus, but I like how its coming along. I don't get a lot of time to work on it but I'm getting there. I'll definitely post a finished version in the future.

Enjoy.

Skunk #1
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Got my 2700K bulb in the mail today. It claims to put out 14,000 lumens-- not too shabby for a CFL fixture. It's a 200 watter so I'm hoping it won't push my temps up too much. I guess we'll see at 7:30.

6. Looking fine as hell in there, Carlo! When I saw the pics I said to myself, "That looks just like my white widow I grew awhile back!" Then I remembered it's a Blue Widow that you are growing. Heh, silly me. :eek:

They're beautiful, Carlo, I'm loving the updates. :smoke:

7. Well that's pretty cool that you can see a resemblance! Thanks for the kind words and the reppage. Both are always much appreciated.

8. #88 CarloMarx, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    Alright guys, tonight has been semi-eventful. I got the new bulb installed and it is definitely putting out some light at the cost of a degree or two in my ambient temps. No biggie. Secondly, I transplanted the Blue Widow into a five gallon smarty. The growth had lagged down to a rate I just wasn't happy with at all. Still, it looks like a baby compared to the sippin' Sage. Part of me wants to rid myself of it because the Sage is just taking over the tent. But I suppose at this point I might as well ride it out and take whatever I can get. I feel that I would easily be able to get what I want in yield from the Sage alone, but I would really like to get my hands on different strains for once. I smoked my Skunk #1 all summer long and now I am limited to what I can salvage from the outdoor grow. Not to mention I've had to cut way back on usage to being budless and very busy.

I'll throw up some pictures at the usual time. You guys can tell me what you think then.

Lastly, I've got pistils showing in multiple places on the Blue Widow but the Sage has yet to show any. That has me worried for some reason.

And lastly lastly, the Sage is A FUCKIN BUSH.

9. :D :D :D :poke::D :D :D

10. I guess I'll make an excuse and post a picture because this is 7 days from the start of 12/12.

[​IMG]

11. She is a beastly bush Carlo :hello: Hope she's a female :yay: IME females take longer to show their sex than males/herm so you're probably in the good there.

12. Only 13 days between these two pics? :eek:

[​IMG]

Impossible! It's a Photoshop trick!

:hello:

13. The Sage is from a fem seed, so she better be a female dammit!

And Papa, I think that may be a photoshop trick only you'd be capable of :D

It's mind-blowing what a decent soil mix and an SIP can do. I can't wait to see the bud that is going to grow all of this thing. I wish it start pushing out pistils and get started already!

14. I hear ya on that Carlo. Within a pack of feminized seed one can get: Males - yes males :eek: - Hermies - Females... I hope you got a four leaf clover stashed somewhere in that tent ;)
    Just messing with ya, but it is always a possibility, these SIPS keep blowing my mind, I would be probably taking daily updates with as fast as they seem to be progressing. :hello: :smoke:

15. #95 CarloMarx, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    Maybe the lavender will act as my good luck charm because I sure as hell don't have a four-leaf clover, or any luck for that matter.

Dude, they blow my mind every time I open up the tent. It's crazy how bushy the Sage is getting. I think that says something about the light too. She is growing huge fan leaves under this LED with stems that are very substantial. I can't wait for flowers!

16. Hey carlo buddy! How you been> When I renewed my authorization I stopped at a dispenciary for the first time! It was pretty cool. I got a gram of some lavender from their, shit was fucking bomb. Makes me want to grow it out! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Like a perfect early morning to mid day strain!

WGG

17. End of week 7 -- 9 Days from flip

I'm pretty bummed about how the Blue Widow is growing so I transplanted here into a 5 gallon container. Hopefully that will help her out a bit. I don't really know why it slowed down so much over the past two weeks.

The Sage is still kickin' ass and takin' over the tent. Looking at her makes me want to get rid of the BW and bless her with all the lumens I have at my disposal.
    I did notice that there was some weird patching on the older growth. I don't know what it is or if it could be a problem in the future. Feel free to chime in.
    Sorry for the weird lighting in all of these shots.

Sage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side-bush action ;)
    [​IMG]

This is happening on some lower, older growth. Any ideas what may be causing it?
    [​IMG]

Shoots
    [​IMG]

Blue Widow (post-transplant, pre-recovery)
    [​IMG]

Tent Shot
    [​IMG]

Color comparison
    [​IMG]

18. Hey man! Wish I could stop by a dispensary! I will have to point out that the lavender that we are talking about is actual lavender. Not sure if you really want to smoke that plant! Never heard of the strain though; it sounds interesting.

19. I wouldn't worry about the leafs too bad Carlo, it'll be fine.... That SIP looks like it wants to dominate that whole tent area :eek: that sage is going to be hoggin' :bongin:

20. Saw the pic that Papa posted over in Momma's place and I had to come see what it was all about!! Hope ya dont mind if I hang around for a while.:wave: