Carlo's Organic Tent of Redemption

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CarloMarx, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I've never been very good at sticking to a regular schedule, so I decided to indulge and give you guys a picture of SAGE in the new SIP setup. She perked up a lot overnight and I expect a lot of growth during the coming week.

[​IMG]

2. Go Sip-SIPPA! Go Sip-SIPPA! :D

See ya... :wave:

3. Well I'm a little late but I made it! This week was so damn busy and I didn't get to relax much at all today; did some last minute treestand hanging and got three put up. Now when October 1st rolls around I'll be ready to fill the freezer. Anyways, you guys are here to look at plants so I need not talk about deer hunting.

As expected, the plants have been doing their thing without much assistance from me. I give them a little sip of water whenever they ask, but they live quite frugally for the most part. The growth rates are satisfactory and the leaves are a vibrant green. I can't really ask for much more.

At the beginning of the week I noticed evidence of thrips so I went ahead and whipped up a little neem oil, pro-tekt, alove vera juice mix and gave both plants a liberal dousing. There is no evidence of bug damage to be found anymore. I might give them another spray as a preventative measure, but I'm not too worried about it.

I tied down the main stem on the Blue Widow last weekend to promote the secondary growth. I was pretty rough on her and kept tying her down a little further each day. You can see the results in the pictures below. I didn't tie down the SAGE out of fear of stressing her. I transplanted her a second time into the SIP setup and wanted to allow enough time for the roots to get established. I probably won't bother training her as I'll be flipping the switch at the end of next week.

Here are a couple pictures!

End of week 5

Blue Widow (and Chamomile)
    [​IMG]

SAGE
    [​IMG]

Group
    [​IMG]

Have an awesome weekend!

4. Hey Carlo,

Those are a couple of very pretty gals. Great start!

And another SIP Blade is born... :metal:

See ya...

5. Thanks, Papa!

My only gripe with them is their height, but that is probably my doing. I've been backing the lights off lately to encourage a little bit of stretch. The Blue Widow is short but very dense. I'd like to get her shooting upward a little bit before the switch. I might have to be careful with the SAGE though; it seems like she might do some substantial stretching after the flip no matter what.

Another SIP blade indeed! So far so good!

Next weekend I'm going to get the D3000 and take some shots outside of the tent for you guys.

6. Smoke up and enjoy some music

:smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWgmtmIiomI]Life - The Avett Brothers - YouTube[/ame]

7. Plants look great, Carlo. I foresee another sip bucket success story in the organic journal section's future. :smoke:

8. Hey, Carlo, how goes it in the grow room? Don't leave us hangin', man! Share!! Share!! :D

But more importantly, I hope you are well. I just wanted to bump your thread. :wave:

9. #69 CarloMarx, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    Pearl! Things are looking absolutely fantastic, thanks for asking! Trust me, I would take pictures and post them every damn day for you guys to look at, but I love being able to show the changes that are occurring each week. Once they get budding good and heavy I will throw up a lot of high-res photos often.

I guess I can offer a sneak-peek since you're so kind. However, I will have a nicer camera this weekend for a little foto-shoot. Is it worth the wait? nahhh.

Thanks for the bump; maybe my thread will become as popular as yours ;)

Can everyone please give a warm welcome to the newest member of the garden?!?! She was adopted this past weekend from a nursery selling neglected pets....I mean plants. She/he/it/them now reside(s) in my own soil mix. I'm sure it is a change for the better!
    [​IMG]

And finally the Blue Widow. I can't show you the sippin' Sage just yet.
    [​IMG]

10. Nice Carlo what cultivar of Lavender is that? Did you scope it for crawlies before you brought it in your tent? :smoke: its 4:20 ;)

11. Munstead? That's what the tag said.

Like an idiot, I did not. But I gave it a good looking over when I realized that I am a dumbass and I think I'm in the clear.

Not here, brudda :smoke:

12. Hey Carlo,

Part of the sippin' Sage is visible in the Lavender pic...looks like it's grown a wee bit. :D

See ya...

13. I knew someone would notice....

Consider it a teaser.

14. Hee, hee...kinda sorta looks like I was right about what the folded leaves meant, eh?

15. It is now? :poke: :smoke: :bongin: :yay:
    I got a Munstead in the backyard, things stay tiny, I wish it would've gotten bigger but it didn't really get much bigger, wish I wouldn't have put in the ground because it barely even flowered :( it was a sad specimen indeed. Probably would do better if given the extra care required in the container.
    Edit - now it is perhaps?

:laughing:

16. It's 4:53 here...damn it, I'm late! Spark one, boys and girls! :smoke:

17. It was! Papa and I are in the same zone so we're both late!

Whoopsidaisies

And I just did a little info sifting on the lavender. I read in a couple places that it is indeed a good container plant.

18. #78 CarloMarx, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
    I decided I'd treat my fellow night owls to a couple pictures.

More to come.

Post 24 hour darkness

Pre-SIP (9/15)
    [​IMG]

Post-SIP: (9/22)
    [​IMG]

19. I've seen what this light can do with your Organic Skunk #1. I'm subbed, better late than never, right?

20. Hey Carlo,

Oh, hell yeah! That's what I've been waiting to see. Seven days growth, and she's rockin'! :metal:

Damn that looks vigorous! I wouldn't wait too long to flip her or you're going to have a monster on your hands.

Beautiful work! :hello:

See ya...