Carlo's Organic Tent of Redemption

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CarloMarx, Aug 14, 2012.

1. My uneducated guess would be not enough calcium to counteract that sul-po-mag looking back at your mix. Too much mag isn't a good thing necessarily ya know? I believe weed needs more cal than mag otherwise it gets :(

2. #42 CarloMarx, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    I don't have any sul-po-mag in the mix. Put down the pipe bro, you're seeing things ;):p

My uneducated response would be that crab shell meal is actually very high in calcium (23%) and has substantially less magnesium (1.33%). So theoretically, the plant should have access to more calcium than magnesium.

3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langbeinite

4. Well there you have it, I'm the one who needs to put down the pipe. Thanks for pointing that out. I used that stuff pretty sparingly and still have more crab shell meal in comparison to the sul-po-mag source. Where does that leave us?

Dammit magnesium, you're confusing me.

5. :laughing: True that! :laughing: :bongin: I got some weird deficiency on 1 of my moms too :( I top dressed with Sul po mag cause it looked like K/Mag type deficiency and top dressed with alfalfa meal and nothing is working fast anyways. I feel like smart pots might need more ferts than regular pots :confused_2: The old leafs that are messed up never heal, what you should be looking at is new growth IMO. I've seen all sorts of decencies solved by transplanting into larger pots with fresh soil.

6. Hey Carlo,

I'm sorta with NOOB on this one (only 'sorta' because I don't see any sul-po-mag in your mixes?).

Seedlings at that age, in that starter mix, should not be experiencing 'deficiencies' of any kind. It's not uncommon for young plants to cannibalize themselves for nutrients until new roots find adequate sources in the soil, and that's what your yellowing young leaves look like to me - cannibalization.

I would LITFA for a few weeks and do water only. I believe you will see your 'deficiencies' disappear.

See ya...

7. #47 CarloMarx, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    LITFA it is then.

I have experienced young plants cannibalizing themselves before, but this time is just a smidge different. The tips of almost all the leaves and the serrated edges, even on the new growth, were yellowing a bit. Nothing extreme though.

I'll let it play out and see where things go.

Thanks!

8. I've posted a version of this song in one of my previous threads, but I feel like I need to share it in its evolved form again. This guy has been playing this song since 98 and played it before then as a homeless man on the street in Australia. Each version out there on the internet is different and has continually evolved as time has gone on. Until this point he has never recorded a studio version because of the piece's fluid nature. I invite all of you to give it a listen at least once. This is hands down one of the best pieces of acoustic guitar music I have ever heard. I get goosebumps every single time I listen to it and can't help but feel inspired as a musician myself. This song is truly an epic in the form of music.

OCEAN - John Butler - 2012 Studio Version - YouTube

9. Not a whole lot man! Just waiting for the young ones to shoot for the stars!

Looks like they are doing just that as a matter of fact. I'll show ya in a couple days as long as you and that posse of yours sticks around :devious:;)

10. Well guys, I've got a big day today! I actually have to dress up and try not to act like a stoner scientist.

Anyways, I got freakin high last night and decided I wanted to learn some fancy tie knots so I could look the part. I must've sat here for an hour trying to figure out the "Windsor" knot. Long story short, I ended up with nothing but tangles around my neck. Being blazed and tying ties don't go well together.

Wish me luck!

11. #53 CarloMarx, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    Because I was late on my last update, I thought I'd drop by and provide some good ol' fashioned family programming starring my pot plants a little early :devious::smoke:

End of week 4 (tomorrow)

I'll eventually put up some of my own music for your enjoyment, but until then give this a try.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpMMzSXfppY]Heartless Bastards - Skind And Bone - YouTube[/ame]

After experiencing what I thought to be the apocalypse, I hastily transplanted both plants into new fabric containers filled with some home-cooked (and spiced) organic goodness and biological life. After 2 days away from the plants, I came home to very-perky but yellowing plants - I freaked. Luckily, the soil is doing its job and all is well. Chalk another one up for LITFA.

I would like to train them a little bit so I'm gonna have to get on that soon. I just want to promote some of the secondary growth and give it a chance to compete.

Nothing but water for the foreseeable future. They are asking for it more frequently now.

Blue Widow
    [​IMG]

SAGE
    [​IMG]

Tent shot
    [​IMG]

12. Just wanted to ask you guys if the pictures on the last update were working. When I load the page they have to be clicked on before they pop up.

Went out of town for a day and a night and came back to more beautiful growth. Things are worry free and growing more exciting by the day!

:smoke:

13. The pics are there for me, Carlo, and looking really good, too. :smoke:

14. Hey Pearl, thanks for the feedback and the kind words. Hope you are having a good weekend!

I'm getting ready to light up a joint to celebrate this 49 degree weather we are experiencing. I love fall for so many different reasons.

Cheers, GC.

15. well, im not seeing 49 degrees but at least I'm not seeing rain anymore... funny how we go from praying for rain to cursing it... at least at looks fairly dry for the next 10 days... I remember last year getting drenched for the final week and having to pull early.... won't lie, it was disappointing... I vowed that this year would go full term regardless of rain or hunters.... nail biting couple of weeks huh carlo

16. As always, man. The two that I have left (hopefully) won't be done until at least the first week of October and that's when bow season starts. I want to get them out ASAP but they need to mature.

No rain here like last year. I'm hoping it stays that way too.

Hope you can go full term without losing your fingernails ;):smoke:

17. What a stressfull life of gorilla grows I've experienced.
    Soo glad I don't have to do that anymore.
    I feel both your concerns:( Ooi the stress and work for so little.

18. The stress. the stress. the stress. Keep's me up some nights, but we're almost to the finish line. After we get there we trade in all that stress for some organic bud and a mentality that is just a little bit different...

:smoking::hippie::bongin: