Carl Sagan's essay on marijuana

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by rippedasdick, Aug 30, 2010.

1. I usually don't read essays for fun, but this is Carl Sagan, and it's weed so...
    Man, Carl Sagan, he feels me. I experience a lot of what he experiences!
    Marijuana-Uses

A highly recommended read! I actually found it really enjoyable and it
    felt good finally being able to at least read what I have been trying to express for so long.

2. Quite good.

The flashed cartoons are for real man!!

3. Wow that was awesome. I wanna post this in one of the main forums so it'll get more views...

4. #4 Cryptonic, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2010
    Here is where I would stand and applaud his bravery in the face of social stigma, But it just seems a little silly in text...

To write an article to the public about such a topic, and to express certain joy and appreciation for the positive and beneficial aspects of recreational use of the bud, simply for intellectual pleasure and mental stimulation... Brave man indeed, even under a pseudonym.

That's a problem I face in my sober life, not so much in my high life.. Which is THE reason I smoke. While it's fun to experience for a short time... Think about living your entire life with a scatterbrain like that- not knowing that there is a way to shut it off and focus on one idea at a time. And this is what I call the magical plant- the psychological effects of cannabis seem to give it's user exactly what he or she needs to be able to find focus and resolution within self. Better than any psychologist ever could, only because no one else but you can enter your mind and fully understand what's going on inside it.

I love the fact that he separates 'people who have smoked' and 'people who have not smoked' into two completely different families with his use of 'the downs' as a social class; As if they just haven't been enlightened yet. ;)

edit: Also... I had no idea he was a toker until this thread! That explains so much about his disposition that I always thought was neat.

5. Awesome, thanks for posting!

6. That is PROFOUND.

7. omggggggggggggggg i love carl fucking sagan,and i love weed !!! even MORE THAN CARL SAGAN :O