Carl Sagan on Cannabis

Discussion in 'General' started by Rasta_Man, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It was news recently to many of us, that Carl Sagan was an avid recreational cannabis user.

This didn\'t surprise me really, but it satisfied as long-held question about Sagan.

For those who don\'t know, Carl Sagan was a wonderfully articulate and passionate astronomer and cosmologist. He cultivated an interest in science and natural world, in a time when information was not as available as it is today.

He made millions of regular people interested in the universe around them, including myself.

Below is the full article he wrote in 1969 regarding cannabis. Carl continued to use cannabis regularly, up until his untimely death.

It\'s very interesting reading the insights of an incredibly intelligent man; an accomplished scientist and academic, on the topic of marijuana.

[​IMG]

http://www.marijuana-uses.com/essays/002.html

2. Great article. He\'s very good at explaining the effects of cannabis. Especially how it affected his views on music and art, I\'m sure we\'ve all experienced that.

I love this quote:

[/SIZE]

Ain\'t that the truth...
    [SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

3. that was incredible. I fully appreciate your infatuation with this guy. peace

4. Wow, I knew Carl Sagan was the man becaues I routinely watch The Cosmos on the science channel, but I had no idea he was so cool. I would +rep you rasta, but alas I\'ve exhausted my rep for you.

5. Lovely article. I\'m glad I\'m not the only one who thinks about deep things when I\'m high. My friends don\'t. Not at all.

Btw Rasta ManG, I\'m reading that Alpha Dog\'s Journal and I\'m already on update 60. I\'m really really digging it dude thanks for that.

Not like you need it but +rep for thsi article in combination with the zombie story.

6. 2nd time in as many days i wish i could rep you RM. Great post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.