Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

caregiver.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by xxbongripperxx, Dec 14, 2011.

1. currently I live in Indiana, and want to move to Colorado next spring. I'm a home health aid hired through an agency. and i'm in end of life care. I only take care of the terminally ill. I have friends in CO that think I would qualify for a card based on my medical conditions (which I do not feel comfortable sharing here) I'll probably stay in this line of work :)

Basically, I want to take care of someone ill (privately, no agencies involved) and want to grow their medical marijuana for them. And also smoke with them, legally of course (hey that would be a big part of the companionship, I don't know many ppl who always want to smoke alone every time they smoke) :D

I love working in end of life care, and this is my dream.. I really hope to accomplish something.

So my questions are, after I obtain a card and find a client who has a card, how do I obtain the rights to grow for them?

ALSO, if anyone in the medical field is reading this and live in Colorado (mainly colorado springs, as i have friends who live there) someone please let me know how much a private caregiver can make, I have 2 years experience with hospice if that helps any.

2. How can I get into this? This would be an awesome job!

3. Come to Texas and just grow weed for me, if you must lol.

4. That's what I'm trying to find out lol. I was sitting with a patient with stage 4 lung cancer, who wouldn't eat... and I had a bond with him, and one day just thought "damn. i wish i could smoke this joint with him..maybe he'd eat, or just plain feel better"

Foxy roxy, I would if it was all legal and you were ill and could pay me to take care of you :p

BTW: what are trackbacks? I see it right below this text box? : Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

5. I doubt I could afford you.

6. I couldn't afford it either. You know what really sucks though? I make 8-8.25 an hour... and the agency I work for - charges these people no less than $18/hr. usually the going rate is closer to $22/hr... ridiculous, and thats just in a small city in Indiana, i can't imagine how much they'd charge in an area like chicago, etc. I would never charge that much. unless it was somewhere with a very high cost of living.

Really hope I can find an answer about getting the rights to grow for someone else.. it would make my job so much more awesome if I could get into it lol.

7. Dude, from what i understand, they sign you on as a caregiver, and its good to go from there....

I have no idea though... thats seems to easy lol.... and it doesnt mention anything about keeping records, which you definitely would want to do.... but from my understanding, its as easy as pie......

also as for how much you can make, its supposed to be "non profit" so keep that in mind lol

8. as far as the non profit thing, my intentions are to obtain my own card, grow for myself. from that point, find a client in need of a home health aid who has their card. i intend to grow only for myself and for 1 client. No dealing etc. no profits lol the only profits would be my hourly wage for services provided (companionship, personal care) the growing and smoking would only be a perk :)