Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Caregiver?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BigDog517, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Why are so many caregivers screwing over their patients? They are supposed to "Care" !!
    I understand you have to cover your cost and time but come on giving your patients a discount only and then a small one at that.

2. Because you'll always want more pot so They can price it whatever they feel like lol.

3. Time to find a caregiver who is a decent human being! Not everyone is greedy!

Incidentally, I am a California caregiver for 2 other MMJ patients- my husband and a friend- I don't charge either of them a penny. However, my actual costs for raising cannabis come to less than $10 an ounce! (CFLs, soil, organic in a closet) None of us need a lot, but we all NEED cannabis medically (but I use WAY more than I actually need. :smoking: It's fun! lol)

Ever thought of having your very own "very well lit" closet? Unless spider mites hit, cannabis is pretty easy to grow! :D And if you pick "air-freshener" scented strains (fruity, lemon or pine) the smell is much easier to hide!

Granny :wave:

4. how do you become a caregiver for a patient? My father is a cancer patient who has his MMJ script. If I am listed as a caregiver for him, can I go to the clubs and get him what he needs? He is pretty much immobilized and can no longer drive....

what is the process like?

5. not to sure but Caregiver refers to people who grow for one or more patients. S if you apply and get it you would be able grow I believe ( you might need mmj card too?)

6. Hon, the laws vary from state to state and are constantly changing.

In California, it used to be cool to just be a MMJ supplier for your patient, but they have tightened the rules. I still qualify since I do substantially help my friend (I picked her up from the hospital yesterday, take her to the food bank, etc) Here's the official rules now, for California.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/Pages/MMPPrimaryCargiverRespon.aspx

Other states? You'll have to run a search!

Granny

7. I dont know of any private caregivers that do that... sure, dispensaries, but they arent designated to you as an individual, they just want you so they can grow more plants....

My friend's caregiver (i use a dispensary as mine, waiting until he has a spot before i switch to a private, because he is too legit hahaha) Sells him oz's for 125, of some HEADY fucking weed, and after every harvest, of each strain, each patient, gets an equal share of one of the plants of each strain, for free, to decide if he could keep that strain going, or if the harvest was good enough to keep selling to them. Usually its a free oz per harvest... he only holds 3 patients at one time and doesnt grow mega massive plants...

But still, its easy to find a legit caregiver, they arent going to come find you though lol

8. Here in Oregon we can select both a grower and a caregiver. The grower can grow for you and the caregiver is allowed to hold or transport your meds. This is important since many growers live in far flung areas of the state.

Did you appoint a club or dispensary to be your caregiver (in your home state)

9. I am a primary caregiver for myself and another 2 patients and I don't charge for any medication either. I give them however much they need to get through their week/s and they don't need to pay. If they feel that the medication has really helped them with their problem then they are free to donate money so I can upkeep the grow, but nothing like 20$ for g, etc.