Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Caregiver Question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by wyguy, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Hey

I was wondering if there is a place in michigan online or some kind of way that I can put my name out to become a caregiver. I was suppose to be one for a friend but he decided to go with another friends dad since he thinks he knows more then me which may or may not be true.

I just love growing and would like to do it for someone who needs it. I'm all set up to grow just need dirt and seeds of there choice.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. I would start with Craigslist, the MMJ community seems to post in the health & beauty section ALOT. Since you want to be found by local patients, maybe an ad in a local paper? I would do a google search for any marijuana forums that were local as well. Another great way is to have your OWN website to get your name and services out there. I run a dispensary directory, but unfortunately our listings are for business dispensaries. I would post on here in the 'medical' somewhere and let ppl in Mich know you're there!

3. Why should anyone who does not know you and your knowledge and character, risk listing you as CG/grower? This is medicine - the standards for medical cannabis is much higher than recreational. It would be a bad idea for a patient to risk his medicine to an unknown person. I would only recommend growers who have had at least 3 consecutive successful grows, and who is an honest and compassionate person.

How many crops have you successfully grown? What is your grow room like? How controlled is that grow room's environment? Tell a little about your grows - nutrients used etc.

These questions need answers if you want someone to pick you for this serious task.

clinton

4. Agreed, Clinton. Very well stated, I would definitely have to agree, not even saying that you are under-qualified, wyguy, it's just that obviously a patient is going to want medicine of the finest quality and if he doesn't even know your sure name, he sure isn't going to know the quality of your cannabis, etc. IMO

5. well when you become a caregiver, the state will run a background check, if its clean, you can be a caregiver, and they will send you a caregivers card. my state, Montana, has a website were you can see how to get a mmj card, a caregiver card, everything, check to find if your state has something like this and that's how you can become a caregiver.