Careers And Shit

Discussion in 'General' started by BigOlStankyDank, Aug 1, 2014.

1. I'm 25 and I've been doing tech support at this company for 4 years now. Pay isn't too bad (14.76 CAD an hour) but the department is getting run into the ground, and my job basically boils down to helping mentally challenged folks press a button or understand simple math.

I was thinking about going to school for a trade, maybe plumbing, electrician, or auto mechanic work wouldn't be bad gigs, but that takes full-time schooling and the bills gots to get paid.

I'm afraid of turning into one of those old dudes stuck in call centers because they can't do anything else, but pretty much any other job outside of flipping burgs is either non-existent or requires schooling, and at the end of my days the last thing I want to do is be productive.

Such is the eternal struggle.

2. #2 Mr.. Rager, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    Duplicate threads and shit

3. You wont get anywhere procrastinating . 

4. Other jobs than flipping burgers don't all require schooling or anything. You just aren't looking hard enough.

5. You guys are right, I'm a huge procrastinator. Hell I've been offered 20% of whatever a buddy's program makes if I work on if with him, and I can't even bother to learn the code for it.

Apathy is a bitch. I need to get inspired for something soon before I reach the point of no return.

6. #6 Kuollut, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    Do that. Even if you don't make a lot you'll come out of it with a skill for another job