Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

career as a cop

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HIGHLO, Feb 1, 2010.

1. #41 HIGHLO, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    im open for career suggestions... seriously.

also, as far as i can tell, every cop ive met in my city seems to be really content with their job

2. Fireman? Surely if you're going for a civil service that helps people this would be the best?

3. I think cops tend to make more AND the ability to move up in ranks is awesome, hell if you work hard enough you can transfer to the FBI or SWAT (if you work for the DEA than you are a traitor to your fellow tokers).

Anyways, you have to be careful about lying and I HOPE you don't have a record. If they do a hair sample test (and I know they do it for FBI and such) it will be rather hard to lie out of that...

Just be sure about the procedure and ask fellow cops about it. Ask them in general what happens and don't ask about te marijuana thing or they may be suspicious.

4. okay people leave this guy alone he wants to be a cop and its not the cops who catch people is the people that make it to obvius being under the infulence you never seen a guy arrested at his house for smoke a blunt inside his house..... why becouse the migorty of people are dumb asses who stand at line in the store and be yelling loud ass hell.... thats why cops pull you over... i smoke and walk out side and i act semi-stupid but i keep it uncontrolle :smoking:

OP good luck with your job :hello:

5. Cops are like any other groups of people - there's good ones and bad ones. It's just like there are CEO's who treat their workers like shit and other ones who legitimately care about their employees. But I have to disagree with the people who say polygraphs aren't very accurate - they have a very high success rate and to pass one you have to have an abnormal amount of control of you bodily functions (heart rate etc.). Good luck bro and if you get the job do your part to help restore the public's faith in the police!

6. Lol u quit on my birthday :)

7. Pistol whip me with the heat! haha I haven't heard that song forever...but yeah I know in a few departments in Idaho, they hair test too..

8. Try calling the station? That way they wont know it's you.

9. remeber be a good cop! dont ruin some 13 year old kids life because he has half gram of pot on him. and living in canada or america the majority of people would much rather hear bs then you telling htem you smoke pot.

10. so what's the consensus on whether i should be truthful or lie about smoking pot? seems like the majority is telling me to lie about it

11. im willing to put a big bet on the fact that once he becomes a cop, weed will be legal... lets keep our fingers crossed

12. Sorry if somebody already said this, but polygraph tests are notoriously inaccurate.

13. My buddy is going to be a cop and he stopped smoking the year we graduated high school. His uncle was in the force and he was convinced that if he wanted to do this for a career he would have to stop. I'm not sure what the application process is like, just that it is extremely thorough. If you really want to be a police officer I would strongly consider dropping the habit.

14. that's what i'm hoping

15. dont be a cop, cops are bad mmkay

16. #56 Platinumtoker, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    thats from one of the oceans movies haha does it accually work?

17. you resurrected a year-and-a-half old thread for this?

18. they dont care if you have smoked weed...just tell them yes, you aren't going to not get the job because of it!

19. damn...this is an old ass thread..

20. new thread/ old thread points the same we need to raise awareness cuz even outa my minds on a pound of kush i couldnt think of anything more rediculous then marijuana laws