Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

career as a cop

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HIGHLO, Feb 1, 2010.

1. #21 MaDKroniK, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
    ^

You have nothing to worry about. The polygraph is there to scare you, thats it. They want you to admit to anything. It also isn't very accurate, anything can throw off that machine.

Its a scare tactic and a way to weed out people.

2. this poster has it right dont fear the test just have clean piss in your system and if you deny..... that you ever smoked weed. dont really answer any questions that lead to guilt and say there is no proof like the above poster also stated they wont do anything about it and it wont hurt your job chances just google "lie detector scare tactics"

3. If you drink a bottle of Robitussin you might not make it to the test:rolleyes:

4. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5. no clue about polygraphs or shit, just make sure you aren't one of these asshole police officers and actually go after real criminals not just a couple of stoned kids eh :smoking:

6. That's cool that you're becoming a cop.

I hope you're one of the few who actually protect and serve.

And not become one of the many who abuse their status and power.

Dunno what to say about the test though, good luck sir.

7. There are actualy ways to fool a polygraph. Like this.

8. haha:hello:

9. I would check to see if they will be doing a urine test or a hair analysis. It would be a shame if one thought it was urine and then find out it was hair to late. Good luck and It will be hard to find a shit load of weed one day and having to confiscate it all. but hey thats the law.

10. Are you sure you want to be a cop? My uncle is a cop and he absolutely hates it. He works awful hours for marginal pay at a high stress, dangerous job. Not only that, but he has a family that he isn't able to spend much time with and he is required to work holidays.

11. OP, to help you out, I seriously doubt they would ask you. If they do, lie if you're really keen to get the job. Personally though I think it's strange that you're asking a forum about weed use about police policy (who we all try to avoid as much as possible). Not hating, just giving my thoughts. Oh and by the way, if you make it (good luck) you may wanna delete your account on this, imgaine the shit thats gonna hit the fan if the media get word that a police officer has an account on Grasscity.com. They'll have a field day.

12. fuck tha muthafucken police kill all them mother fuckas!

13. chill out man, I don't like them either but you've got to respect other peoples life choices. Just like others respect us smoking weed, we should accept this guy for joining the police, even if we don't agree with it.

14. seriously. he wants to be a cop, so what? it's not the cops that fuck you over, it's the laws that they are paid to enforce.

i would say be honest about it. i mean if you're honestly quitting and honestly want to be a cop, i don't see why there would be a problem

15. true, but enforcing unjust laws is still bad. If you strongly disagree with the situation, you wouldn't do it. So to a certain extent we can say that cops do not mind the laws about weed, or at least not enough to do something about it.

16. "People make mistakes". You can safely admit (if you like) you've smoked MJ and it shouldn't effect your application during the interview. Just make sure to acknowledge it was the wrong thing to do at the time.

Also if you are interested, check out the Penn and Teller Bullshit! episode about polygraph tests. It's really interesting, but basically there are so many things that can throw the machine off, like natural tension, anxiety from the interview, etc.

17. Respect man. I think being a cop great. All of you need to consider if there were never any cops anywhere, the whole world would be a fucking crazy ass place, like a battleground. As much as we wish we could run around smoking weed in the streets its an alright sacrifice to make to be alive..

18. any job will have things you might not want to do, but still have to. i'm not turning this advice thread into an argument about law enforcement. he asked for some help, i told him what i would do

19. ignoring the fact that most cops are dirty human beings, the job itself sucks.

20. Yes, jobs have tasks that you might not want to do, but not morally unjust things. If your job has tasks that are morally unjust, I personally would leave.