CardBoard Pots For Seedling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ReMpTiOn, Mar 22, 2012.

1. I got a cardborad mini pot for seedling and i wanna do this outdoors so I was wondering would the cardboard cause mold if it ending up getting moist
    here what i got
    [​IMG]

2. got mine out in little G2 series gatorade cups, there standing up suprisingly well.

3. You have pots made of peat moss. You can germinate the seedlings in these pots. They will always be moist if the potting soil is moist. When rooted, remove the root ball and transplant or plant the whole pot, making sure the rim of the pot is covered after transplant to keep the pot from wicking moisture from the root ball if exposed.

PW

4. Pointwest is right. Those are peat pots and are made of peat moss. Peat has a relatively low Ph and can cause problems with MJ. I'd recommend starting in a regular plastic pot before those things. Or party cups are a cheap alternative. $2 or $3 bucks for a couple dozen.

5. Peat pots work great for seedlings - used them for many, many years - my seedlings are popping up right now inside those exact size peat containers. Don't fret about the pH, that is a common misconception. Keep the soil and peat container moist for your seedlings, but allow the top layer of soil to dry out before each watering. Mold happens when your soil media remains moist for too long of a period or when your top soil layer doesn't get a chance to dry out.