Cardboard Grow Box Idea...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SanFermin, Aug 2, 2009.

1. So I'm planning to make a new cheap stealth grow box. 2 actually. 1 for mother/clones, the other for flowering.

I plan to allow clones to start flowering once they have roots developed. and have 4 plants flowering at a time staying small. about a foot of height per plant, would probably scrog as well.

probably going to use a box about 20x20x20 inches, or the closest to that size I can pick up for free from some store around town.Once i get the box I'll be able to post a good pic of my idea and will probably start a box building thread.

Any thoughts on the idea of usuin a cardboard box? I would line it with mylar and have either 2 4" computer fans or 1 6-8" computer fan for exhaust and some holes for intake.
    Would also plan to uses 6 23watt cfls. or maybe just 4 cfls, one directly over each plant. that might be the golden idea now that I think of it.

Well tell me what you think of the idea.:smoking:

2. Maybe it's just me, but cardboard boxes do not seem all that stable to me. I mean, every time I get a big one it always smashes and breaks in like 30 seconds. Just get some big Rubbermaids, totally sturdy.