Cardboard box Micro grow 2 plants!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jakkshadd, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Ok, so in a couple of weeks, i will start my first grow, i was thinking since its my first time i would go cheap because it is only 2 plants:

I will get a large card board box (maybe 1/4 contents of a medium sized fridge) and cover the inside flat surfaces with aluminum foil, i will buy one of those small personal fans Boston 4" CLIP-ON FAN, Black: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at Nextag (just an example im getting one smaller) and cut a round hole in the center of one side of the cardboard box the same diameter of the fan, and put the fan in there on the low setting, and cutting another hole to the side opposite of the hole of the fan, so the air can essentially blowout

Then i will cut a hole on the top of the box and i will insert this Clear-Lite Energy Saving Natural Brite White Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb, 20 Watts, Case of 6 Bulbs 107001 the aluminum foil should reflect and help make it nice and lit inside.

I will germinate my seeds first, then i will put them in small roman noodle containers with decent fertilizer, at the beginning then change to a large pot to support the size of the plant, and water about every 3 days depending on how damp the soil is.

This should only cost me a measly 20 dollars (light bulbs, tinfoil, large box, plugs, and fan, and last but not least roman noodles) i wont grow to full size maybe about a month to 2 month time, should i expect a 14-18 inch plants? And considering this amount of time, and size of the plant how much "Bud" will i get after i harvest my plant? Any opinions or simple improvements on my micro grow? I'm going to start nice n' simple first my first time to get the feel and hang of it, and to even see if i can pull it off.

2. Ditch the foil get some mylar. Foil is actually a terrible reflector of light. It causes hotspots. A roll of mylar can be had for 20 bucks.

3. Also no nutes until the seedling is atleast 2 weeks old