Cardboard Box Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smoking Buddah, Oct 13, 2005.

1. OK guys, well I'm new to growing but I've been studying this fine art for quite sometime now (over a year). I've slowly been collecting all the parts I need and I am now ready to begin.

This is what I have set up:

• 3 CFL's - 240w total, going to upgrade to 300w (5 lights)
    • Industrial timer
    • Surge Potector/Power strip with GDI box
    • 2 5v PC fans (6.5 with AC adapter, each)
    • Sterilite grow box. Unsure of demensions but it's big enough for 1 plant
    • Cardboard box, 14" x 14" x 24" (LxWxH)

I'm planing on growing bag seed of an unknown strain, but it's high quality smoke. I'm going to start out with only 3 plants until sexing, and then keeping the best looking female. I only want 1 plant because I am limited to size and smell is an issue. I'm also going for a Micro SCRoG grow so I'm only looking for 14 - 18 grams yeild MAX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have more pictures of the setup but I'm late for work, I'll post updates as I get started ^_^

Any suggestions or coments are appreciated!!!

-SB

2. cool buddy, i'll be watching this thread. i've been thinking about setting up a small grow in my room, but haven't gotten around to setting anything up yet. how are you managing the smell? i figured i'd set up the air-out line to blow out my window. good luck!

3. The only slightly concerning thing is the 2 foot height limit, that's a bit short, but you can always add another box on top (tape them together) to get more height, so it's not really a big deal.

Good luck!

4. Im just wondering. if anyone know a good link or know a lot about scrog, and maybe has time to answer some of my questions can you add me too msn. i will forget to check this thread.

thanks

5. im thinking of doing something like that :eek: this may sound dumb but u put the screen in top the soil right how many plants r u gonna put in that box i was hoping to get about 3 or four and get at least 1 or 2 females even 1 would be great:cool:

6. Just wondering where you got your cfl's and if the wattage is the listed wattage for the flourescents or equal lumiens to a non flourescent bulb.....

-Thanks

7. I had the same question Theres no way those three =240watts

8. i have the highest CFL bulbs they make for a regular 60 watt socket...i have 2 CFL bulbs that are 30 watts a piece that equals to 100watts each and i have another bulb thats 40 watts that equals 150 watts so i have total for 3 CFL bulbs 100 watts that equal 350 watts of light and puts out 6700 lumens.

9. You have to be careful about taking the "equivalent" wattage too literally. These refer to the light output that is roughly the same an incandescent bulb of a certain wattage. Keep in mind that is based somewhat in reality but is a marketing ploy by the folks who make the cfl's. Even the package doesn't say it "equals", often it says "replaces" xx watts.

While there may be some truth to the comparison to incandescent output, it definitely is not a direct equal comparison of wattage as typically talked about for MJ growth. HID lights (MH and HPS) also are "equivalent" to a higher wattage output when compared to incandescent. For example, I have a 250w MH that outputs over 10,000 lumens, and there's no way your 350 watt equivalence will output anywhere close to that, so you definitely cannot say that 350w equivalent from cfl's is more than 250 true watts from HID.

10. i agree with everyone else....do not go by the "equivalent" wattage...i made that mistake earlier in my grow...thought i had 120w...but i only had 30 :( lol....talk about fine print! oh well i fixed that problem, i think your setup sounds good man. if you are only shooting for about 14-18g then CFL is defintally a cheap good way to go. you will probably be able to do the whole grow with what you have right now....then again as you get into the hobby im sure ull find more shit to buy like everyone else ;) lol. good luck on the grow.

btw...hey toasty....havnt seen u in a while ;)

peace out

edit: okay...maybe not the whole grow...you may need some more light, but good luck!