cardboard box grow?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by lewk, Aug 21, 2010.

1. #1 lewk, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2010
    Alright so I'm super new to growing. I'm just trying to gather idea's of how im going to pull this off. I still live with my parents unfortunately and their room is right next to mine. My mom still comes in my room when I'm not home and whatever so I'm planning a super stealthy grow in my closet. It's a two sliding door closet thats not too big but it'll do. I have ton's of shoe boxes and normal boxes from things I've bought. I was wondering if a regular cardboard box off in the corner would work. I've been reading and I know heat is an issue. So I need some pro's and con's about it, or some other ideas. The box I have right now is about two feet tall, 7 inches wide, and a foot or so long. but I could easily go bigger. The key is it needs to look like a regular box. and only one plant is going in it.

2. You'll most likely run into ventilation and/or heat issues. Will it be ok if you have a fan running in your closet 24/7?

You're going to have to come up with a method to keep air circulating wherever you decide to grow.

Even a PC fan makes enough noise to get your mom wondering whats "left on" in the closet...

3. Sorry but I cannot advise growing in your parent's house without their knowledge and consent. And in a cardboard box at that. It's bad enough growing without them knowing but burning the fucking house down is a little worse. Growing can put their property in danger in more ways than one. You may want to just scope out some good spots outdoors, away from the property, where you can get a grow going.

4. I definitely don't advise growing in your rents house, there's always the risk of someone finding your stash. I also don't suggest you use cardboard, that's a heat/mold risk.

5. Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll just be safe and wait until i move.

6. That decision will never weigh on your conscious. And it gives you an abundance of time to learn and prepare.

7. Or you could even make a really nice PC Case growbox, learn everything about growing while you can, then when you get your own place you'll already have a stealthy box to grow in! But still, I suppose you'd be deceiving your parents..