Carbs make you fat?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by budsmokn420, Mar 4, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Stewba"']

Do you agree that this guy is full of quite a bit of shit?[/quote]

Well he did claim fluid retention and fat look the same lol

2. No because he eats the most fruit on the planet and is 2-3% bodyfat and his girlfriend eats probably the most fruit out of all the women on the planet and she is also extremely lean.

If you think he is full of shit, post a picture of a fat long term 80/10/10er. He is willing to pay anyone $10,000 if they can prove him wrong.

If you can find a strict 80/10/10er longterm who is fat, you'd be the first person.

3. See that's just the flimsiest argument I've ever heard. For one how do you know he eats more fruit than anyone else on Earth? You don't. It doesn't matter that he's lean, because diet isn't the only factor in body composition, if it was this guy WOULD be valid evidence. But it isn't, and he isn't.

Like really, I could come back here with a video of a guy who eats fast food all the time and isn't fat, it wouldn't prove anything except that you can be lean and fit on most diets.

Seriously didn't you say that you had to lose a few pounds for summer? If your diet is so magical why aren't you 2% body fat like he is? Could it be that there's other factors at work?

4. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

No because he eats the most fruit on the planet and is 2-3% bodyfat and his girlfriend eats probably the most fruit out of all the women on the planet and she is also extremely lean.

If you think he is full of shit, post a picture of a fat long term 80/10/10er. He is willing to pay anyone $10,000 if they can prove him wrong.

If you can find a strict 80/10/10er longterm who is fat, you'd be the first person.[/quote]

We arent talking about fat we are talking about health.

Without creatine from meat your brain especially memory will deteriorate.

Not to mention he needs to eat a huge.veriety of expensive products and suppliments to counter act not eating meat.

Most people cant be raw vegan because you need access to tons of technology.

I.guerentee if you eat nothing but greens and fruit from your.garden youll ne unhealthy.

Humans evolved on tje paleo diet not the raw vegan, and that is wjat we.are meant to eat

5. Haha dude are you typing from a touchscreen phone? I hit period a lot too when I mean to hit space :smoke:

6. [quote name='"JuanRing"']

Like really, I could come back here with a video of a guy who eats fast food all the time and isn't fat, it wouldn't prove anything except that you can be lean and fit on most diets.
    ?[/quote]

Qft

I know people irl with under 6% body.fat who eat mcdonalds several times a week.

One of my friends joined a cross fit program, and lost weight eating in and out.

If your calories are right and you getting enough vegan food, amd exercise, meat and burgers wont hurt you.

Though i speculate lots of refined wheat can cause diabetes even in healthy people.

When you eat fast food, it actually is tje carbs your worried about. Tons of refined.carbs mixed with.excessive calories from all nutrients fat and protein included is a recipe for disaster.

Im going to try one.of those you tube beforw and after videos on myself eating a burger a day combined with plenty of greens and fruit and exercise. See if i can debunk this entire thread

7. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

Haha dude are you typing from a touchscreen phone? I hit period a lot too when I mean to hit space :smoke:[/quote]

Yup i love old.iphone this new phone (mytouch) irritates the shit out of me

Lol listen to us spoiled future people

8. Download "ice cream sandwich keyboard" by Binary Bulge from the Play Store. It's free, and it's got the biggest space bar of any of the free Android keyboards I've seen. My old problem with periods went away after I installed that keyboard

9. Truth, people don't realize the most fattening thing in a McD's burger is the bun. The beef is high grade and I'm not sure if you can quibble about the quality of an onion, or a tomato. People are just told McDonald's beef is shitty and they believe it because they're already trained to believe fast food is the devil.

10. lol I'm done arguing with people with people who just don't understand and who haven't done the research and haven't even tried the diet for themselves.

Believe what you want. Idc. You can't help people who don't want to be helped.

Unsubbed from my own fucking thread. Cool.

11. "I'm done arguing with people who just don't understand"
    >you mean you're done debating with people who do not take your view as fact. There's a big difference.

"...Who haven't done the research"
    >Many of us have posted counter research, which you never actually countered except to link to some Youtube video of a raw food evangelist. OF COURSE they're going to talk up the diet

"You can't really help people who don't want to be helped"
    >Many of us don't need "helped." The fact that you think your way is the best way, and the only way, shows how juvenile you still are in your thinking.

So do come back and continue debating this with us, like an adult.

12. My translation: I got served and I'm outta here.

13. There's good carbs and bad carbs, complex carbs are the good and simple carbs are the bad. It's not bad to eat carbs but they're usually eating during the morning/lunch time so that you use them to give you energy throughout the day, then for supper/dinner it's good to have proteins and such to help your body recover and rebuild tissue from all the physical activity you've done throughout the day.

14. [quote name='"xSadrulesx"']There's good carbs and bad carbs, complex carbs are the good and simple carbs are the bad. It's not bad to eat carbs but they're usually eating during the morning/lunch time so that you use them to give you energy throughout the day, then for supper/dinner it's good to have proteins and such to help your body recover and rebuild tissue from all the physical activity you've done throughout the day.[/quote]

Thats oversimplified. Fruit is simple carbs but still good for you.

Its mostly just refined sugar and starch thats bad

15. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']lol I'm done arguing with people with people who just don't understand and who haven't done the research and haven't even tried the diet for themselves.

Believe what you want. Idc. You can't help people who don't want to be helped.

Unsubbed from my own fucking thread. Cool.[/quote]

Except.we do understand and have done the research. Some.of.us are even biology students.

Most of us are posting hard science, there is no research supporting.veganism.

I read all the links you.posted and did my.own research and what i found was veganism is just plain silly and meat is not only good but nessesaey

16. #197 smokinthaherb, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    You think that guys 2% bodyfat LOL. Its impossible to keep at 2% bodyfat. Bodybuilders usually get down to 4% bodyfat and thats only when they are on stage. The reason why they are skinny is because fruits and vegetables are LOW in calories. Its extremely hard to get fat on fruits and vegetables, all you will be is a skinny fuck lol. Remember fruits and vegetables have lots of fibre which humans don't take in the calories in fibre. Plus carbs and proteins only have 4 calories per gram where fats have 9 calories per gram and most fruits and vegetables have 0 fat= VERY low calorie food plus its full of fibre which we don't take in calories from fibre.

17. This. I'm inherently suspicious of any diet that asks me to severely restrict either calories or any of the macronutrients. My simple philosophy on diet is eat as varied a diet as possible, and don't overeat. Not rocket science, and yet here I am built like an MMA fighter :hello:

18. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

I'm not saying it isn't natural or unhealthy...I'm saying there are BETTER options.

For the best health possible, why settle for anything below the best?

Meat takes a lot more time to digest, is acidic, isn't as nutrient dense, high in fat, and doesn't have enzymes.

Also, an interesting article here....

Arch Intern Med -- Red Meat Consumption and Mortality: Results From 2 Prospective Cohort Studies, March 12, 2012, Pan et al. 0 (2012): archinternmed.2011.2287v1

And this....

http://api.ning.com/files/pQgvA3b9P18PL*Ia4ATseFjRW5jzD0CNvQmzRB40Kipt8vwE-9TwYFuUZhDH6Lgz7RlT2kNb9h-3zSBTbchslqS6SLq-OByZ/meatbladdercancer.pdf

And this...

http://api.ning.com/files/XvUVEhAFllqjnxwblTOujxMFuKMhPpVmSa5UeMGt7PgcRscWuLplIbBcrtj*LOmk6EBnu9-wY4KA0H12vjTwmJb0psNTyxH3/meatbreastcancerbjm.pdf

And this...

Effect of a high nutrient den... [Altern Ther Health Med. 2008 May-Jun] - PubMed - NCBI[/quote]

Your forgetting lean meats that have barely any fats. Chicken Turkey and fish.

19. [quote name='"purpletoke"']

Your forgetting lean meats that have barely any fats. Chicken Turkey and fish.[/quote]

Even fatty.red meat and dark meat poultry isnt fat.

Watch the Big fat fiasco its a.great video.

High fat foods are foods that have concentrated fat extracts such as butter or oil, added to them,.causing calories to sky rocket.

You can eat as much pork and lamb as you want if your on the paleo diet and exercise and youll not get fat or liver or heart.diseas