Carbon Scrubber with fan

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Smokemota, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Hello gc I'm in need of a carbon scrubber plus a fan for my tent. My tent size is 3x3x7. Can anyone point me to a good fan plus filter combo also I have 200 to waste on the scubber. Thanks

2. Ok so I ended up buying the scrubber plus inline fan. How would I set this up? Do I hook it up inside the tent or outside the tent from exaust. Also would like to know if it's possible to hook this fan up to my 1000w hps. I have a hood with six inch duct, if I leave one side without the duct on, will it suck air from inside tent through hood to fan and through the filter. Is this possible with the scrubber I bought. (above post)

Can anyone help answer my questions.

3. 48 views and no Answers

!bump Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. I'm curious as well and have been thinking about getting that fan. Is it loud? Quiet? I am planning on having my tent right outside my bedroom.

5. I'll let u know tonight if it's load, package should be in tonight

6. To save on space inside your grow tent I would mount it outside of it if you can. For your tent size and the fan being 435 cfm you should be able to run your filter and light off it and still have a good air exchange rate inside your tent. As for setting it up properly I would do a Google search for some pics for reference or a youtube search. I dont use a tent but instead built a small grow room so my set up is a little different with the fan inside.

7. ok so just received its freaking big i might have to set this up outside of tent. i can eliminate 2 vortex fans i have one on top to exhaust heat and one pushing through my hood. i think i can squeeze it inside the tent im doing a scrog grow and think i have space but if not its going outside. i just need this fan to keep smell out and cool my 1k hps.

ill give some feed back on sound when i get it hooked up in about an hour i am going to the tent and setting this up.

8. hey update on fan. ok so fan is a little load not to load, i bought a speed controller switch for it and on medium u don't hear a sound. i have it hooke dup to my hood and in my little tent the fan is an over kill. scrubber works great dont smell a dam thing anymore. So overall great buy from htg and fast shipping cant beat

9. how loud is the fan? louder than a tv @ normal volume?

10. The fan is not load at all with speed control. But without it's load but not load. Mm compared to normal volume with speed control on medium tv is loader and without might be fan just little loader.

Just a heads up fan is great, but the filter it comes with is bad. Don't clean shit at all u can still smell bud. I called htg and got it replaced for a can 33 special and that thing is bad ass no smell at all with can filter