Carbon Scrubber help/pc fan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BoyintheBUbble, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Before I try this need to know if my after market pc fan which is used as my outtake exhaust on my cab is sufficent for me to place a homemeade carbon scubber over. My cab is 4x2x2. If it will not work, would you kindly explain why it will not work and had to resolve it cheaply. IM on a budget. Also, from any of your experience using homemade carbno scrubbers, will the odor be eliminated completely for 4 Plants? I also currently have the large ionizer from sharper image

2. Are all the diy carbon scrubber designs poted here meant for larger grow areas. If anyone has experience building one for a small cabinet and has advice on whether or not my cpu fan will work, let me know

3. With my cab I found a pc fan wasn't powerful enough to push the air out through the scrubber quickly enough, and my temps rocketed and the plants suffered a little. I got a more powerful extraction fan (only $25 equivelant) and fitted the scrubber onto that and it works a real treat! The odour is virtually eliminated.

4. WHERE did u get fan from. Can you give me specs or type of fan so I can try to findit

5. I seriously doubt you are in the same country as you, so telling you where I got it from would be pointless. But you should be able to get one from a decent hardware store, they are the sort that are fitted into bathrooms or laundry rooms. It only moves around 40cfm, and the scrubber does slow it down a little bit, but it's quiet.

6. arent those fans a bit large for small cabinet. Are those fans my only solution