Carbon filters

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gage meow, Apr 10, 2013.

1. So I'm having a problem. I bough a 4" inline fan with a rating of 170cfm and I mis measured my room now just realizing that I'm a 100cfm over the rating of my inline..will this be a problem..heating isn't much of a problem considering the warmest it's gotten is 80 degrees

Thanks ahead of time Fam

2. wait what do you mean 100 cfm over the rating of your inline? Do you mean your fan isn't going to change the air in your room often enough?

3. What I'm saying is my room is larger than what the fan is suggested for.. Will this cause problems. What do I do

4. the only problems it would cause is higher temperatures . If your temperatures are fine then who cares. how many plants have you got

5. 6 right now under a 400w hps a few will go outdoors once weather permits. The temp sits right below 80..just running fresh air and sucking from the top will drop it a few degrees right?

6. My only worries are when things get stinky that this will keep control of the oder. I live in a small neighborhood and can't have everyone smell what I got cookin (~);p

7. as long as your rooms relatively airtight and your exhaust fan is exhausting air stronger than its being intaken through the intake hole. carbon filter youll need one of them to stop the odour, buy a proper decent one but make sure its rating isnt less than 170 cfm

edit its best to have a fan to circulate the air as well have u got one of them

8. I assume you measured your room,, CFM= Cubic feet minute. Also a good ratio ive heard is 400cfm to 1000w which will help to keep hoods cool to the touch. If your room is not air conditioned the fan will not lower the temp of anything & raise the temp if the hot air is not ducted out the room. If your running co2 you want and even less powerful fan maybe around 150cfm per 1000w. If you can keep the temps at 80 all you have to do is recirculate the air with no ducting.

9. At the end of the day diff plants smell diff or more than others. Id say keep the fan as is and if smell becomes an issue upgrade.

Keep is simple and don't make changes unless u have to.

10. Thanks y'all. I'll post pics once I actually get it set up!!