Carbon Filters

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by smokelikerichie, Oct 15, 2012.

1. What's your opinion on carbon filters, are they typically expensive or inexpensive?

Would an ash catcher be a better investment? I want something to keep my bong clean, right now I have a glass screen and it works fairly well

Ash catcher just seems like it would get really dirty really fast, pros and cons of carbon filter?

2. I would say it depends on your budget.

Carbon Filters are usually pretty cheap compared to a good ash catcher. I got mine for $25 but I know depending on brand and what not it can run you $50 or $60. Carbon filters definitely filter and smooth the smoke and it does great for keeping my piece clean but some people say it takes some of the THC away. If you do get a carbon filter make sure to pull the carbon filter with the slide as they can add significant drag to the piece.

I don't own a good expensive ash catcher like a Toro or 2012 bc or Syn but I do own a cheap $30 dollar circ perc ash catcher and a carbon filter works better in my opinion. some of the more expensive ones may be better though. For the price though I think carbon filters are a great deal.

3. Thanks man great info
    I just spent $150 on a bong (not a brand name) but its nice
    Anyway, looking to grab a carbon filter

Do you have a filter where the carbon isn't replaceable? Or every now and then you have to buy carbon to replace it? And is there like a "everything you need to know about carbon filters" thread in existence?

4. You have to replace the carbon. I got a 9 oz container of it from Walmart for like 5 bucks. I would change it like once a week depending on how much you smoke out of it.

5. There are sealed ones yes but dont get that.

I paid about 45 for my worked filter from apix design. Its disk diffused. I use it every time i hit my bong. So worth it. I use carbon from the aquarium section at wal mart