Carbon filters and ventilation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jp111, Dec 30, 2008.

1. #1 jp111, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    Will a carbon filter be effective at removing smell for 1 or 2 plants in the corner of a closet? (connected to 240 CFM 6" inline fan)

2. Will a carbon filter be effective at removing smell for 1 or 2 plants in the corner of a closet if I do not have it hooked up to a duct? (connected to 240 CFM 6" inline fan) It will just be a fan blowing air through charcoal.

3. Tough to say. never really used one that way. I would assume it would be effective, but maybe not as much as it would be if it were ducted somehow.

4. As long as air is being passed through a carbon filter, it will reduce odours the same whether the air is being directed out of the room, or re-circulated. Fresh air is better than filtered, but carbon filters do make a noticeable difference when ducting becomes problematic.

5. Thank you guys for the input, I will definitely give it a try soon. If I put one of these by the plant should I expect to smell anything in the room during flowering from 1 plant?

6. That's gonna depend on how stanky yer strain is, but I'd count on a lingering aroma. A good carbon filter system will greatly reduce odours, but it's not going to eliminate the smell completely.

I suggest getting a bunch of those little pine-trees you hang in the car. Then you can try and convince people that you're not even growing marijuana, instead you're getting a head start on next year's Xmas tree!:D

7. Also, you can get those plug in electronic glade scented things that are, for me atleast, a bastard for my allergies because they're so strong.

They could mask the smell of morgue without ventilation.